The Terror New Series

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Sonpec
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 21872">The terror</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

The Terror New Series

Post by Sonpec »

Is anyone else super excited about the new series on AMC late March based on Dan Simmons’ The Terror?

The book is one of my all time faves & I am thrilled it’s been made into a series for the small screen.

The teaser trailers I’ve seen look incredible, but I don’t know if it’s an actual series with multiple seasons, or just a miniseries. If you read the book, you’ll be well aware that Simmons sure gave then a whole lot of material to work with!
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Wow, this is a book! I didn't know! I actually had a chance to preview the first few episodes before they aired. And I forgot how much I enjoy period pieces. I didn't get to see the rest of the first season, yet. Can't wait though and to read the book!
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

The TV adaptation is different from the novel cutting most of the flashbacks and more focused on the interpersonal relationships within the ships' crews. I liked both versions of the story very much.
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Films and Books”