Which movies made you want to read the book?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Elke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elke.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Re: Which movies made you want to read the book?

Post by Elke »

Divergent and Twilight made me want to read the books. Also The Fault in Our Stars.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
swirlofink
Currently Reading: 'Rosie, Bara, Gerry & Tom'
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by swirlofink »

This wasn’t an movie but the Still Star-Crossed television adaption made me wanna read the book so bad!! Both were outstanding! I wish the show had been able to continue on!
S_Mulla
Currently Reading: Tarnished
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mulla.html
Latest Review: A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by S_Mulla »

Life of Pi... The movie does not do the book justice at all. The book is much more interesting and paints a better image of Pi's journey than the movie did.
Lovewreading89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovewreading89.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Lovewreading89 »

The movies that made me want to read the books are Lincoln, The reader, and Jane Eyre
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

Hunger games. I liked how Lawrence acted the part. There was also curiosity about what all the bang is about. But I am sad to say that I didn't really like the books.
editorkasim
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by editorkasim »

Beyond Borders make me want to read a book
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

The Hunger Games

I actually saw the movie first this time which is unusual for me. I liked it so much I read the book.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
pinefamily
Currently Reading: Magician
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by pinefamily »

Not very often have I seen the movie before reading the book. The original Blade Runner and Total Recall made me go and read the Philip K Dick stories. Still haven't read Harry Potter (much to my wife's disgust, lol).

Canadian Witch, you've got me excited. I didn't know there was a mini-series of Mists of Avalon. I'm going to have to find it now.
SleepySam
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by SleepySam »

I left the theater after seeing The Martian and immediately went and bought the book. Both movie and book were fantastic.
Efil_draug

Post by Efil_draug »

“It”. The movie was amazing, cannot stress that enough, so of course I would want to read the source material.
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

I had watched Game of Thrones seasons one through seven, so immediately raided the bookstore for the book counterparts. Still going through them.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
princessERI
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 599">Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princesseri.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by princessERI »

Annamikov wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 12:07 Harry Potter movies made me want to read the book. I honestly love the HP universe so much - I think I can never get tired of it.
You will definitely love it more in the books.
The portrayal may be a bit different but you will still indeed love it or could more.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
Rotten Kid

Post by Rotten Kid »

HP movies. I think that I need more than just a summary of 1 book in just 2 hrs or so.
kristenjc
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by kristenjc »

For me, the movie The Bridge to Teribithia made me want to read the book. I must have first seen the movie when I was around 8 years old and I fell in love with it. My awkward, imaginative and young self felt almost connected with this movie. Watching it now I remember how sweet and innocent the movie was, and how I bawled my eyes out the first time I saw it when a certain someone *ahem* passes away... Nevertheless I took on the task of reading the book, but of course my 8 year old self could not finish the book because I had already seen the movie and "knew everything that happened already."
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

I was so on love with the movie '13 Reasons Why' after seeing it, that I quickly got the book itself by Jay Asher. Though I'm not through with it yet, I think I prefer the movie.

Return to “Films and Books”