Did you/will you see Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
RicReviews
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Did you/will you see Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

Post by RicReviews »

Yes, it was a letdown.
Seems they have run out of creativity. :)
DustinPBrown
Currently Reading: My Family and Other Animals
Bookshelf Size: 309
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dustinpbrown.html
Latest Review: It's Never Water Under the Bridge by Rianne Moss

Post by DustinPBrown »

Of the new new films, I think Force Awakens was the best one. The Last Jedi was good, and in fact at about 2/3 through, I thought it was actually really good. But the movie went on way too long and focused far too much on Luke and Leia, even after establishing very clearly in the first film that these movies aren't supposed to be about the original cast. Don't bother with Rogue One, it was terrible.
Lynsaysamson31
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lynsaysamson31.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Lynsaysamson31 »

Yes i saw and loved it. Won't give any spoilers but there are 2 moments in the film that are just down right rediculous. If you've saw you'll know the bits. Great addition overall to the Star Wars franchise.
Bakemono
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bakemono »

No. I would not see any star wars movie. I have something against science fantasy. Science fiction is the way. And I'm a trekkie so I have an allegiance.
Libs_Books
Favorite Book: The year of the flood
Currently Reading: Mason Dixon
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-libs-books.html
Latest Review: Dont Panic Its Organic by Dr. Andy Lopez

Post by Libs_Books »

I've only watched one Star Wars movie all the way through, and that was on TV, but I would like to see The Last Jedi, and preferably at a cinema - my daughter thought it was terrific.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

I'm not that much interested in watching the movie. I have seen 'Rogue One' and it was nice. I think if my curiosity increases, I would watch it. But so far I haven't decided whether to spend my time on that movie or not.
-R
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

I've already seen it: i didn't love it or hate it. I think the whole "spiritual" thing of the force and the concept of leaving behind the past was very well handled, but many key moments were lesser copies of some of the original trilogy's events (unlike TFA, they have a lot of weight in the plot). Some secondary plots didn't connect with the main one, there were too many cringe whorty moments and the treatment of Luke's character was questionable and incongruous with what was seen in the original trilogy. Also, it seemed that Johnson decided to throw away the questions Abrams had left open in TFA. Overral, somewhat disappointing but not necessarily bad.
Alyssaleone
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alyssaleone »

yes i saw the last jedi , it was a good movie but pretty long like all their movies. This one was pretty cool to watch and i loved the actors.
not a really big fan of them though , not as much in the movies

Return to “Films and Books”