Gilmore Girls

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Gilmore Girls

Post by Mary Garrison »

Does anyone else love the Gilmore Girls? Who did you wish Lorelei and Rory would end up with. My favorite has always been Luke and Logan.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I Love Gilmore Girls. I'm making my way through the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. I agree, Luke and Logan.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Mary Garrison
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 12:06 I Love Gilmore Girls. I'm making my way through the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. I agree, Luke and Logan.
She's way to smart for me lol, but I've thought of trying that challenge too.
Insightsintobooks729

Mjgarrison wrote: 14 Dec 2017, 09:57
Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 12:06 I Love Gilmore Girls. I'm making my way through the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge. I agree, Luke and Logan.
She's way to smart for me lol, but I've thought of trying that challenge too.
I agree, lol. However, I love reading and have found some great books I wouldn't have picked up without the challenge.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I wanted Rory to be with Jesse, and Lorelai with Luke. Jesse was perfect in fact he made Rory be something more than the "princess". And I thought Luke calmed Lorelai down in a way that Christopher couldn't.
Mary Garrison

Post by Mary Garrison »

CaitlinGonya wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 19:45 I wanted Rory to be with Jesse, and Lorelai with Luke. Jesse was perfect in fact he made Rory be something more than the "princess". And I thought Luke calmed Lorelai down in a way that Christopher couldn't.
I liked Jess too, for some reason I liked Logan more. I think it's because Jess just constantly disappeared.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

I've never heard of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge! But it sounds like something I need to try. Thanks for the tip!
Insightsintobooks729

RebeccasReading wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 08:40
I've never heard of the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge! But it sounds like something I need to try. Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome. :)
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

Mjgarrison wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 17:52 Does anyone else love the Gilmore Girls? Who did you wish Lorelei and Rory would end up with. My favorite has always been Luke and Logan.
Luke, of course but I never really liked Logan. It was never as natural with him as it was with Jess.
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I totally agree!!! I love Lorelei and Rory, I basically grew up with them. Luke and Logan are my favorites. Luke keeps Lorelei grounded and down to earth he's been a father to Rory and truly loves Lorelei I can't imagine her ending up with someone else. And Logan is the sexy rich wild playboy who was tamed by Rory (i'm kind of a sucker for this kind of scenario)
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

The Gilmore Girls is one of my all time favorite series. In fact, I purchased the DVD set. I actually liked Rory and Dean together. He had been so good to her! It was excrutiating to watch Lorilei and Luke keep missing each other. It seemed like any time that one of them was out of a relationship, the other one was just entering one. I loved when they finally got together. Even though the series ended on a upbeat note, I still wanted to see them married. Thank goodness for the Netflix Gilmore Girls: Season 1!!!
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

I love the Gilmore girls, so much and I think I’ve rewatched the series so many times that I could quote it. The relationship between Rory and Loreali reminds me so much of my mother and I. I think in the end I wanted Rory with Jess because I feel like he pushed her to achieve the things she alsways wanted to achieve.
Asooomsaleh
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Asooomsaleh »

I grew up with this series,I love Loreali she is the best mom in the world .
Mary Garrison

Post by Mary Garrison »

Bluebird03 wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 11:57 The Gilmore Girls is one of my all time favorite series. In fact, I purchased the DVD set. I actually liked Rory and Dean together. He had been so good to her! It was excrutiating to watch Lorilei and Luke keep missing each other. It seemed like any time that one of them was out of a relationship, the other one was just entering one. I loved when they finally got together. Even though the series ended on a upbeat note, I still wanted to see them married. Thank goodness for the Netflix Gilmore Girls: Season 1!!!
I hated watching them
miss their opportunities as well. Have you seen A Year I The Life?
Mary Garrison

Post by Mary Garrison »

Asooomsaleh wrote: 10 Feb 2019, 21:44 I grew up with this series,I love Loreali she is the best mom in the world .
I didn't find this series until about 7 years ago, but I was hooked at the first episode. I agree I love Lorelei too.

Return to “Films and Books”