What's your genre preference?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
GerganaIvanova_7
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: What's your genre preference?

Post by GerganaIvanova_7 »

The most important thing for me about books and movies is to be able to surprise me, to happen something that I never expected, to have interesting characters with unusual connections between each other.
But if I have to choose - fantasy and triller. :)
Catia
Favorite Book: Godsgrave
Currently Reading: The priest of blood
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catia.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Catia »

I don't like watching TV. It might happen once or twice a year that I sit with my partner and/or friends and watch a film together but for me it's just for the sake of company. When this happens, it must be a big fantasy/science fiction/end of the world film or you find me sitting there with the others but with a book in hand :techie-studyinggray:
My reading range is wider: my favourites are fantasy books, then horror, historical fictions, adventure (like Clive Cussler) and in between some good old classic.
I am curious enough to want to try something else from time to time, especially when I run out of books and "steal" my partner thrillers :D
No matter how busy you think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance - Confucius

Any fool can know. The point is to understand. - Albert Einstein
Ndifrekedem
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Ndifrekedem »

I love sci-fi, romance and horror. But my favorite is romance.
whoisaida
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by whoisaida »

I prefer romance because it gives me a stir of emotions and mixed feelings.

Other than that it sure is acceptable for human kind to watch romance movies because it is the most logical genre of all the movies out there!
Shukrey

Post by Shukrey »

I prefer romance, horror, hollywood and just exciting ones :) :)
Shukrey

Post by Shukrey »

I got a similar taste on movies as per what am reading
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

Anything but horror!!!
Booklover_CRJ
Currently Reading: First Lord's Fury
Bookshelf Size: 73

Post by Booklover_CRJ »

There is definitely overlap for me in my book and tv preferences. My favorite genre is fantasy/sci-fi. But I will watch a wider variety of shows than I will when reading.
pinefamily
Currently Reading: Magician
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by pinefamily »

I to have some crossover in my book and movie tastes. The differences are movies: westerns, samurai, nature doco's; books: biographies, Stephen King (apart from the new It, has there been a good King film?).
I often face movie adaptations of books with trepidation though. Too many disappointments.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I love sci-fi movies and superhero genres. The MCU franchise fit my bill perfectly. I, also, love oscar-worthy dramas.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
EM_agathe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by EM_agathe »

Well,I often read books to see wether or not the cinema version pays goood tribute to the original story and at times I am shoked...But well I like reading spiritual and fiction books and to watch action or true stories;I combine both to try to have a honest hindsight of the hu,am imagination
missmariahnoel

Post by missmariahnoel »

I'd certainly say my preferences are basically the same in both. For example, I'm currently reading Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín, which I recently came across in the local coffee/book shop that opened this past year. I've owned the film since it released a couple years back, I adore it, and I sort of adore the book even more (so much more detail, characters, and places). However, I'm sad to miss out on the gorgeous soundtrack that the movie gives you.

But typically I read and watch Historical Fiction and Non Fiction, classic comedies, and a bit of mystery.
halismom1016
Favorite Book: Fifty Shades of Grey
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halismom1016.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by halismom1016 »

I have always been attracted to dramas, and horror movies and books.
Delioness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delioness.html
Latest Review: Without Redemption by David Griffith

Post by Delioness »

An interesting question. Most times my preferences overlap. When reading I prefer fictitious, detective and crime-solving books. But when it comes to movies, I watch anything but horror.
Nena_Morena
Favorite Book: The Notebook
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nena-morena.html
Latest Review: Getting Used to Success by H.J. Shalev

Post by Nena_Morena »

I grew up mostly with Romance movies, but in the last couple of years I focused more on the movies' plot than their genre. I found myself very fond of Biographical movies. It doesn't matter who the story is about, I know I can learn a lot from them.

Return to “Films and Books”