Tell us about one movie you can never forget about

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Re: Tell us about one movie you can never forget about

Post by Rosemary Wright »

I can never forget "Coming to America" starring Eddy Murphy. :D
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

Cry Baby is one of my favorite movies. I can't forget the corniness of the whole thing. It makes me giggle every time because it is so outrageous.
ladycraic
Currently Reading: Natural Cures: Stay Healthy Naturally
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladycraic.html
Latest Review: When War Ends by Patricia Tomlin

Post by ladycraic »

Home Alone is my ALL-TIME favorite holiday movie! I've been watching since I was a young 'un. Life is Beautiful is a beautiful, tear-jerking Holocaust-inspired movie. I watched it in my English Class, and I was not ready for all the emotions I felt. 4 years later and I still tear up thinking about it.
Mylifehayat
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Mylifehayat »

i dont forget the film mission impossible1 for me its good film unforgetable .
Knrowland
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Knrowland »

One movie I cannot forget would be
"The Lovely Bones". This movie was heartbreaking, but also makes you aware. It was sad to see parents losing their and taking a toll on the family as a whole. It was even more heartbreaking that it was someone close to them that took their child away and her body was never even found. They had a predator amongst them and was unaware. He wasn't going to stop until nature took his course leading to the death of the predator.
Phantom24601
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phantom24601.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by Phantom24601 »

A Little Princess, the 1986 miniserie is one that always resonated with me on an emotional level. The book did too and that adaptation is the most faithful to the book I've found. It's so sad and so beautiful at the same time and the happy ending is just so satisfying, after all Sarah suffers at the hands of her cruel mistress.
Molly May
Currently Reading: Professor P and the Jurassic Coast
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-molly-may.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Molly May »

Londera wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 22:22 A Little Princess. When I first watched it as a child, I was blown away by the imagery and acting skills. I never was so emotionally attached to a movie character as I was with Sara. The movie does the book justice. ?
Oh my gosh! The scene where she has to walk across the roof in the pouring rain at the end; I have NEVER felt more anxious for a character in my life.
Phantom24601

Post by Phantom24601 »

Molly May wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 21:08
Londera wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 22:22 A Little Princess. When I first watched it as a child, I was blown away by the imagery and acting skills. I never was so emotionally attached to a movie character as I was with Sara. The movie does the book justice. ?
Oh my gosh! The scene where she has to walk across the roof in the pouring rain at the end; I have NEVER felt more anxious for a character in my life.
Which movie version is that from? Or is it from the book? It's been a while since I've read it. It's not from the 1986 mini-series. In that one, she just walked across the street to return the monkey.
Molly May
Currently Reading: Professor P and the Jurassic Coast
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-molly-may.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Molly May »

Phantom24601 wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 19:55
Which movie version is that from? Or is it from the book? It's been a while since I've read it. It's not from the 1986 mini-series. In that one, she just walked across the street to return the monkey.
The version I've seen is the 1995 one. Sara escapes out of the window because Ms Minchin reports her to the police. It's very tense! However, it has only just occurred to me that there are other versions, I can't be sure if Londera was talking about the same film, I just assumed :?
Phantom24601

Post by Phantom24601 »

Molly May wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 12:38
Phantom24601 wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 19:55

The version I've seen is the 1995 one. Sara escapes out of the window because Ms Minchin reports her to the police. It's very tense! However, it has only just occurred to me that there are other versions, I can't be sure if Londera was talking about the same film, I just assumed :?
I never saw that version but in the book Miss Minchin never reports Sarah to the police. Now I want to read the book again, lol
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

I never forget the Forrest Gump movie, just like a stupid soldier but it turns out to be a hero. The Titanic. Still on my mind. Hope it doesn't happen in real life anymore. Of course more on action movies such as Thor, Avengers, Fast and the Furious, Superman etc. The heroism reminds me that every individual should be a hero of their own life. In many ways.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Ringostarsky1990

Post by Ringostarsky1990 »

Movies are not just for entertainment but it is an art that does not just speaks but touches the very core of your being but the film that touches me is "the curious case of benjamin button.
Sueboo28

Post by Sueboo28 »

The movie I can never forget is The Dreamer of Oz. Its about the life of L. Frank Baum. He started off as an stage actor and other different jobs.
What drove him to write the Oz books was because his niece Dorothy at the age of 7 passed away . He wrote it for her.
He struggled hard to get his book published, he had to publish the book himself. His book became famous !
bibliophilebanter

Post by bibliophilebanter »

I am scarred from all of the Percy Jackson movies. Did they even read the books?!? Everything was off, NOTHING followed the plot line, and, get ready for this, Annabeths hair was BROWN. They make a point in the series that her biggest pet peeve is when people think she is just a dumb blond. So WHAT do they do! MAKE IT BROWN! AHHHH. :evil: Ok so they did ok if you haven’t read the books, but I still had furious tears watching it.
tmazonga
Currently Reading: Last Seen
Bookshelf Size: 26

Post by tmazonga »

The film, "Dallas".

Return to “Films and Books”