Tell us about one movie you can never forget about

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Goodnews Eniefiok
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodnews-eniefiok.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Tell us about one movie you can never forget about

Post by Goodnews Eniefiok »

When it comes to movies, I love watching the that once that they dance and one of my favorite is "step up" I don't I will ever forget that movie.
How about you.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
bestia
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bestia »

Some movies stay in our lives not just as a memory but a prepossessing experience. Two such movies that gave me a tear drop and beatiful lessons about life are Mahanadi and Forrest Gump.

I still remember Tom Hank's emotional speech at the oscars. Forrest Gump showed us nothing is bigger on this earth than a mother's love. "A stupid is as a stupid does" still reverberates my mind
BelindaC
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belindac.html

Post by BelindaC »

One that has really stuck with me over the years is Hotel Rwanda. I first saw this as a teenager when it first came out and I was blown away by the fact that this was something that had really happened and in my own lifetime (although I had been an infant at the time), yet somehow I had never heard of it prior to the film. I remember being absolutely shocked that such things still happened in our modern world and it kickstarted a period of time where I decided to delve further into related topics and discover what other major events I had somehow never heard of. This film really affected me for a number of reasons and literally changed the way I viewed the world.
Cindy864

Post by Cindy864 »

To this day, the movie that has left the biggest impression on me and my family is "Fight Club". But I must admit, I might be convinced by how much I like Titanic.
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

The color purple. It's the only movie I have cried and laughed at.
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

A Little Princess. When I first watched it as a child, I was blown away by the imagery and acting skills. I never was so emotionally attached to a movie character as I was with Sara. The movie does the book justice. ?
cnrd6812
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnrd6812.html
Latest Review: "The Right to Nominate" by Thomas E Peterson

Post by cnrd6812 »

It's a tough choice, but to pick one, Requiem for a Dream. It teaches you that illegal narcotic drugs are bad for you, and so is America's war on drugs.
Latest Review: "The Right to Nominate" by Thomas E Peterson
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

I have two that I consider the best and I doubt if anyone else has ever heard of them.

1) Cinema Paradiso

2) The Red Violin (Actually, if I HAD to pick a personal favorite between the two it would be this one.)
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Nate Zindikilani

Post by Nate Zindikilani »

I can never forget the experience I had watching Peter Jackson's; Lord of the rings (return of the king). The casting brought ancient mysticism into reality, for a moment I forgot that I was living in the twenty-first century. It's a beautiful piece of work that lives up to the standards set by Mr Tolkien.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Antonia's Line is a Dutch movie that was released in 1996. It takes place right after WWII and follows a family of women. It is a very impactful movie and will have you laughing and crying.
Usman-Zafar

Post by Usman-Zafar »

As we see, there are many films that make us stay in love with them. But the one that i fell in love with is considered to be one of the most beautiful and dramatic movies of the century.
This film is based on Gothic romance, greed, love and mystery. Mostly movies bring situations for the people to understand with a little suspicious way. But this movie has something else in it which makes everyone fall in love with it!
That movie is
CRIMSON PEAK
The movie is not only a Gothic romance drama, but is a deep ocean of mystery, behind love! A murder! Rotting souls which had a part in the life of the lovers wanted to be healed up. Those loud shrieks,voices, foot prints, intense cold a beautiful but haunted mansion with hundreds of years of mystery inside it, the bloody red soil and a betrayed love makes the film more interesting, mysterious and suspicious to see.
Mary Garrison
Currently Reading: The Hiding Place
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-garrison.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Mary Garrison »

I watched Hacksaw Ridge at the beginning of the year, I went to the movies with my family and expected to sleep through it. It started at 9pm and the theater has awesome recliners lol. I loved it, I couldn't stop watching it, then we bought the movie and watched it repeatedly at home.
abhaygill1

Post by abhaygill1 »

I watched Captian america civil war yesterday.The part I liked in movie was the fighting scenes between captial and Iron man.
Babsie87

Post by Babsie87 »

The one movie that I will never forget about is "A Walk to remember". A story of true love, it is a story that states that "love conquers all". It is about loving unconditionally without any hesitations. One of my favorite lines in the movie is, "Love is like a wind; you can't touch it but you can feel it". The other one is; "Love is not boastful, it is patience and kind it doesn't envy". An inspiring movie that until now I will never forget. One of the best movie I've watch second to the "Notebook" movie.
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

I love the movie "Eat, Pray, Love" it had an impact on me and I cod watch it (and read it) again and again.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden

Return to “Films and Books”