Gray's Anatomy Fans Assembel

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Doaa Wael
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doaa-wael.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Icon Gray's Anatomy Fans Assembel

Post by Doaa Wael »

Hello,

What is your favorite season of Gray's Anatomy, Who is your favorite character? Do you think Gray's anatomy could be made into books?
Imagination Trumps Reality.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I like the show, but I dont think it can be turned into a book. I have favorite episodes, but dont have a favorite season. The season after Derek's death was droll. Stopped watching it for a while.
tirionmorganna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tirionmorganna.html
Latest Review: Confessions of a Manaholic by P. Pierre

Post by tirionmorganna »

George was my favorite but then my soul was abused by the show like always, I also love Miranda.
Clairelw69
Favorite Author: Tara Brown
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 16089

Post by Clairelw69 »

I named my kids after greys anatomy characters! I loved McDreamy and McSteamy and Yang. Alex is my favourite though.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

George was my favorite character and since they killed him off I'm not quite as connected to the show as I used to be.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
armorclad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-armorclad.html
Latest Review: The Surgeon's Wife by William H. Coles

Post by armorclad »

Hi😊 I don't have a favorite season, really love the first ones tho😍 and after Derek died it got soo much worse😢 my favorite character has always been Cristina, but Lexie too...
I think it might work out as a book actually, maybe structured like a diary, but it's highly unlikely that's ever going to happen🤔
Jennz123
Favorite Author: Alastair Reynolds
Favorite Book: Ender’s Game
Currently Reading: The Party Crasher
Bookshelf Size: 2232
fav_author_id: 11570

Post by Jennz123 »

It was better before Derek died. I wouldn’t go searching for a medical drama book but if I hadn’t already seen the TV series It is possible I would read it.
starkpages
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starkpages.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by starkpages »

I love this show so much! Up until now I still watched Season 15. There's just something about it that makes me not get tired of watching it??? The writing is so well executed. To answer your question, I don't think it could be made into books, though. There aren't really good medical drama books that I know and am aware of but still hoping to find one.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

I do not know yet, i have not seen it yet. I will be back later to speak my mind about it.
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I'm such a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy! Favourite seasons were 5-8. Lately I've been quite disappointed by the latest season (15) and really hope it picks up again. As for turning them into books... I don't think the books would have anything new to offer that the series didn't.
AngelaC
Favorite Book: Why can't Johnny Just Quit?
Currently Reading: Rabbit-Proof Fence
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelac.html
Latest Review: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream by Janice S. Ellis

Post by AngelaC »

I love the show and got all caught up on my maternity leave. I cannot believe the strength that they started to give Meredith by the last season. I don't want to say much as for those who are not caught up, I'd hate to spoil things. I have never thought to see if anyone has written some fan fiction based on the show. I wouldn't be surprised if that existed.
Moodykelz_10
Currently Reading:

Post by Moodykelz_10 »

I love Grey's. I would love it to be written into a book but i really don't think it would work but it would be something I would binge lol. It is so tough to pick a favorite character, probably Alex aka devil spawn.....always been a good guy deep down and always there for everyone else. I took Derek's death quite hard lol. Mcdreamy was always a highlight for me. I agree with someone else who posted that the season after Derek's death it was a slog but i feel now with Meredith's new love interest and hitting more realer issues with the episodes. It has picked up a gear again.

side note George and the bus crushed my heart
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Am I the only one who started getting annoyed years ago, when the doctors - and often their relatives - started becoming the main patients? I liked the show when it was a proper medical drama but in time it's become too focused on protagonists whose families show a concentration of bad luck. :mrgreen:
Ciao :)
Massimo
Moodykelz_10
Currently Reading:

Post by Moodykelz_10 »

NetMassimo wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 03:55 Am I the only one who started getting annoyed years ago, when the doctors - and often their relatives - started becoming the main patients? I liked the show when it was a proper medical drama but in time it's become too focused on protagonists whose families show a concentration of bad luck. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't say it annoyed me but I think they do it so they make the medical case mean more to you as a viewer if it is one of the characters of someone they love. It makes sense keeps the viewer engaged in case one of your fave dies.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Moodykelz_10 wrote: 26 Aug 2019, 10:37
I wouldn't say it annoyed me but I think they do it so they make the medical case mean more to you as a viewer if it is one of the characters of someone they love. It makes sense keeps the viewer engaged in case one of your fave dies.
Of course it's very subjective. My problem is that for me the doctors are the one who save the patients, seeing them so often as patients themselves is weird and I don't feel a particular sympathy to them compared to normal patients. In a way I feel cheated because I feel they're sort of arm-twisting me into feeling for them so the effect is the opposite. If they had just one case for each season like Izzy many years ago it would be OK but they pushed too much for my taste. When Izzy went away and they killed George I felt annoyed already. When there was the plane crash - besides the fact that they made a story-arc that looked too much like the beginning of Lost - I felt particularly sad for Lexi's death but then I felt like the show had jumped the shark.

Probably my reaction is due to the fact that I was watching Grey's Anatomy for the medical cases and cared little for most doctors. The show was "heavy" on them since the beginning and I sort of endured those soap opera elements but when they became predominant my interest went down.
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Films and Books”