What did you think of It (2017)?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Re: What did you think of It (2017)?

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I am still traumatized from the original one I saw when I was a kid so won't see the new one.
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

I watched the new version and really liked it. I thought the casting choices were really good. And Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise was awesome.
paigegreenpurba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paigegreenpurba.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by paigegreenpurba »

I absolutely loved the new It. I am very critical of horror movies, and I hate it when they rely on jump scares rather than actually horrifying material. I don't feel this was the case with the new It. There were a few jumpy moments, but overall it focused more on how horrifying the clown is without the jump factor. Skarsgard's interpretation of the clown is phenomenal.
tanchett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanchett.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by tanchett »

IT is by far my favorite book. As you can imagine, I had a lot of expectations going into the 2017 movie, especially since I found the Tim Curry version disappointing (except for Curry himself, who was amazing).

I loved every second of the 2017 movie. I thought that the filmmakers did a good job balancing the childhood part of what is definitely a hefty story with the right amount of humor and creepiness. As with almost all movies that are based on books, there are things that I would have preferred to be done differently, but all in all, it was a fantastic watch. The casting was also spot on.

I know a lot of fans of the book prefer the story of the main characters as kids rather than adults but for some reason, I've always enjoyed their adult stories more. I can't wait to see what the next movie is going to be like, especially with some of the casting choices that were made. I don't know how I feel with Jessica Chastain set to play Beverly - I was rooting for Amy Adams in the role. I super excited to see Bill Hader as Richie and James McAvoy as Bill.
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I loved it! The cast was greatly selected and I feel it was a good adaptation, if not a perfect one.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies

Return to “Films and Books”