Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Films and Books

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

The Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.

The Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin

Post Number:#1 by Btowntheatregal
» 13 Sep 2017, 10:49

Hi Everyone,

Okay, so has anyone else read this trilogy? I didn't discover it until the third book was about to come out and I binge read all three of them. While I reading, I always thought that these books would make great films. I just don't know if they are a little too dark and gruesome for the big screen. Thoughts?
Btowntheatregal's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Btowntheatregal

Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 150 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: The Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin

Post Number:#2 by FNAWrite
» 13 Sep 2017, 14:12

A little too dark and gruesome for the big screen? Apparently you are not familiar with Hollywood. Just kidding, but last weekend a film about a serial child killer broke all previous box office records for a fall release. Dark and Gruesome is what the big screen loves.
FNAWrite

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Post Number:#3 by Btowntheatregal
» 13 Sep 2017, 14:14

FNAWrite wrote:A little too dark and gruesome for the big screen? Apparently you are not familiar with Hollywood. Just kidding, but last weekend a film about a serial child killer broke all previous box office records for a fall release. Dark and Gruesome is what the big screen loves.

LOL! Very true! I can't say I am much for horror flicks. I think Cronin created a pretty compelling world.
Btowntheatregal's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Btowntheatregal

Currently Reading: Never Let Me Go
Bookshelf Size: 150 books

View Reviewer Page
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#4 by DeboraSilva
» 13 Sep 2017, 16:12

I totally love the series! It's just so brutal in a kind of necessary way(?) Since the world they live and all. If it made to Hollywood I would have great expectations.
DeboraSilva's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
DeboraSilva

Currently Reading: The Ask and the Answer
Bookshelf Size: 19 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 25 Books
Goal Completion: 60%