We need to talk about the last season of Game of Thrones!

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Joewaleh
Bookshelf Size: 2

Re: We need to talk about the last season of Game of Thrones!

Post by Joewaleh »

GOT is the GOAT.i haven't read the book yet but i will find it to keep myself busy till 2019 which seems so far but if it's GOT it's worth the wait. It is hard to pick a favorite for me especially when all the characters play well to their roles but two characters stand out for me,Arya Stark and Tryone Lannister.The director and the staff behind GOT deserve more than credit
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

I wasn't really fan until I saw a few episodes and i was intrigued.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Gravy wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 09:19 So much is happening!

People, and things, and SO MUCH!!!

Okay, I'm okay now. :faint:

Also, I've only read the first book, but plan to start another soon. Love that the first season was so close to the book, but also looking forward to seeing how they diverged.
I read the first book also but i watched the series, I'm about to start reading the second book and I can't wait for season 8 to come out.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I love GoT so much I even watch it when i have school exams. I can't wait for the season 8 but I'm also sad it's going to be the last season.
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

I am not a huge fan, I actually learned now that it has a book haha. Maybe I'll start with the book.
shelley_soetosenojo
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 21940">the fiery cross</a>
Currently Reading: A Taste of Seduction
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelley-soetosenojo.html
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
Reading Device: B0716S5G56
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by shelley_soetosenojo »

And the last season is upon us now! We are 3 episodes into the season and it has not yet disappointed. Episode 3 was thrilling.
Latest Review: "Love Built to Last" by Lisa Ricard Claro
camillegermo
Currently Reading: This Will Only Hurt a Little
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by camillegermo »

The whole thing feels so bittersweet! I've been following this show since it started. But all good things must come to an end.
Clairelw69
Favorite Author: Tara Brown
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 16089

Post by Clairelw69 »

The Long Night! What an excellent episode!
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

I read all the books before I saw any of the shows. Strangely enough I would watch first before reading so as not to be dissapointed because the book is almost always better. I was pleasantly surprised at how captivating the show is! Most of the stories and details are similar to the book . HBO has not had to stray very far even though they are ahead of Martin.
amjohnson13
KCWolf
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Dark Corners
Currently Reading: Julu
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kcwolf.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by KCWolf »

I love the books! and the series too (despite the differences). I can understand some of the changes, but some of the other changes just seem like "Fan service." Still, it's an exciting series, and action-packed.

I am curious now (since the series is ahead of the books) how the final novel will be. I think George RR Martin has his own idea of how it should end; while the TV producers have taken it into a different direction as they want to keep viewers...

I heard they are going to end "relatively similar" but I cannot imagine how given the many differences there are already. I guess we'll see ;)
Currently writing: Charmed Lives, Sovereign Eyes, and Corithian Saga
Recent Binge watch: MSTK3, Midsomer Murders, the Office
Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Clairelw69 wrote: 07 May 2019, 19:06 The Long Night! What an excellent episode!
Yesss I agree!! I rewatched after episode 5 aired, and I'm still in love. So emotional!! My favorite episode of the whole season!! :clap:
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I was a big fan but the latest season was just not up to par in my opinion.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Sherryl_76
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sherryl_76 »

All the GOT fans were so excited and looked forward on how the last season would end. Everyone expected that Jon Snow will be ruling the seven kingdoms as he is a Targaeryan, whose real name is Aegon Targaeryan the son of Rhaegar Targaeryan and Lyanna Stark who is the only heir to the iron throne while Daenarys Targaeryan who is a lover and her queen happens to be his aunt. Jon Snow has poured out everything to win the war. Having allies to tie with and
fight against the mad queen Cersei Lannister of the Kings Landing was indeed a good move by Jon. However, with Dany's intention in ruling the seven kingdoms she became a mad queen killing thousands of innocent people just to show them and prove the downfall of Cersei and that she is the rightful queen to the iron throne. And with this, it made Jon Snow worry more seeing Dany so hungry for power and obsessed of being a queen which pushed him to kill her. Sad to say, my expectation of the ending didn't turn out to be what I expected of it to happen. But nevertheless, it was the best for everyone especially for Jon Snow who was sent back to The Wall in exchange of his freedom for committing the crime of killing Dany rather than staying in prison. I was dismayed at first but then I realized that the real purpose of Jon Snow was to fight with the people of being slaves and captives of ruthless, mad queen/king and not being a king to them.
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

I’ve never seen GOT, but I’ve heard it’s really good. I don't have HBO so i can’t watch it. Any other places I could see it?
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Terrible ending. Instead of allowing Daenerys the right to grieve her losses, they drove her insane. Even without Dany, Jon would have been a good king.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson

Return to “Films and Books”