We need to talk about the last season of Game of Thrones!

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Tridibesh
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tridibesh.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Re: We need to talk about the last season of Game of Thrones

Post by Tridibesh »

MichelleP1708 wrote:GoT is my favorite show!! I think the seasons have just gotten better and better. When (if) GRRM ever finishes the next book I will definitely be reading it.
Same here. But what I heard maybe next year GRRM will release the sixth book. Let's just hope for the best
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
prenaramesh
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prenaramesh.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by prenaramesh »

Tridibesh wrote:
MichelleP1708 wrote:GoT is my favorite show!! I think the seasons have just gotten better and better. When (if) GRRM ever finishes the next book I will definitely be reading it.
Same here. But what I heard maybe next year GRRM will release the sixth book. Let's just hope for the best

I don't want to get my hopes up!
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

Love the show! I've read only the first book of the series, didn't have the patience to finish the rest before watching the show. Might pick up the books after the shows are done and dusted. The show has drifted away from the books anyway!
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

I love the forshadowing that they do, they leave you just enough question to be answered later. Like we all understood that Jon was nephew instead of the son of Ned. But we had to see her actually say it, and say his name.

I can't wait until Jon and Danny find out! My god. I think she'll be cool with sleeping with her nephew, since they marry them off to each other in her family anyway. Jon is going to be worried about sleeping with his Aunt, and all Dani is going to be worried about is. You coming for my Kingdom boy!! lol
Pknjo
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by Pknjo »

I'm just starting the series! So late I know
sheilla the great
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sheilla the great »

GOT season 7 was like an ice breaker I guess, I really loved what was building up between John Snow and Khaleesi only to find out they share the same blood, now am afraid what's gonna happen between them.And I was relieved when Little finger died, God knows how much I hated that trouble maker.
Molly May
Currently Reading: Professor P and the Jurassic Coast
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-molly-may.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Molly May »

I agree, we need to talk about Game of Thrones! The series in general is amazing and the last season did not disappoint.

Same as you, I haven't read the books either. I read the first one and found it exhausting! There is an excess of description; it is beautiful but also means there are so many paragraphs between each main event that you forget who all of the characters are the next time they are mentioned. Perhaps reading the books after the series is finished would help to visualise the remember most of the characters.

The series has deviated from the books but this is not such a bad thing. It is harder to compare the show to the books now so hopefully, for people who read the books first, they won't feel frustrated by the show.

The only thing that got to me was NO ACORN HALL SCENE! In one of the later books, Arya goes to Acorn Hall and has to wear a dress. Gendry makes a huge deal out of it and she wrestles him to the ground. It is a pretty cute moment as it is basically the only time anyone sees her as a girl. I would totally read the books just for that! The one qualm I had with season 7 is that Gendry did not get to reunite with Arya and when he does it will be overshadowed by her reunion with Jon Snow ha ha! Never mind.

When season 7 finished, I was completely lost. No lie. To fill the void, I started watching The 100 which I actually grew to really like. It got pretty ruthless too, like Game of Thrones! If you do watch it and are not too sure, I have to say that season 2 and 3 are incredible compared to the first one. There is also a book series which is not the same as the TV show because filming started before the first book even came out. However, what I am hoping for is that maybe a few things I wanted to happen (but didn't) in the show, might happen in the book. Who knows?
Sha_hrun
Currently Reading: Charles' Story
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sha-hrun.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Sha_hrun »

GOT is definitely one of my best TV shows. I had a blast watching the last season. I think Jon being with dany was unnecessary, considering the fact that he's her brother and all. I see history repeating itself in the next season. Westeros having a queen that's having an affair with her brother.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

Molly May wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 17:58
The only thing that got to me was NO ACORN HALL SCENE! In one of the later books, Arya goes to Acorn Hall and has to wear a dress. Gendry makes a huge deal out of it and she wrestles him to the ground. It is a pretty cute moment as it is basically the only time anyone sees her as a girl. I would totally read the books just for that! The one qualm I had with season 7 is that Gendry did not get to reunite with Arya and when he does it will be overshadowed by her reunion with Jon Snow ha ha! Never mind.
That is so adorable. :o I haven't finished reading the books just yet so I haven't actually read that scene, but I'm so upset that it wasn't in the show now! Arya and Gendry are just so cute together. I agree entirely with you about being disappointed that they didn't get to have their reunion. The second I saw him again I was so utterly excited for them to meet up and instead he just travels about going everywhere BUT Winterfell. -long sigh-

My hope, honestly, for the next season is that the show writers will give them a moment together. I can definitely see Jon's homecoming being really big and important, but if Gendry and Arya get a scene alone later on that's really good and emotional, I think I'll be happy.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

Listen!! I was so blown away by the last season. I cannot wait for the next one. I have to say it has transformed the way most people view TV series, and it has brought so many people together.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I personally found it good to watch the series and then read the book which went along with that season. The books explain things more to give you a deeper understanding and also helps to keep you current between seasons.
aliceriddle
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceriddle.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by aliceriddle »

Amazing season, honestly. GoT just keeps getting better and better, and I definitely look forward to the next season.
AJMcD
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajmcd.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by AJMcD »

I was really hoping GRRM would get a new book out before the next season, but at this rate I don't think it will happen. The show deviated so much from the books last season that the ending might be completely different now anyway though. Time will tell I suppose.
RebeccasReading
Currently Reading: I, Richard Plantagenet
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebeccasreading.html
Latest Review: Man of the Sea by Nathan Kippley

Post by RebeccasReading »

I've been considering re-reading the books to help distract me until the next one comes out. I love the books and the show equally because they have taken such different directions that you can't really compare anymore. If you're a fan of the books, I recommend reading the other works by George RR Martin--The History of Westeros book and the Dunk and Egg novel are both excellent.
Ndifrekedem
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Ndifrekedem »

Got is my best series so far. And it's literally kills me knowing that the next season is next year. But I love the movie generally. The love, romance, betrayal , killings. Jon Snow is my favorite character.

Return to “Films and Books”