Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice Movie Review

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
arcie72
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arcie72.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Re: Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice Movie Review

Post by arcie72 »

I really liked the movie. It was easy to follow as we all know the Bat is dark and has his own way of seeing who needs justice served upon them. Even though DC movies are not as good as the Marvel series they are still good on their own. I do like that they try to follow the comic books. Comic book readers know that their are many versions of the Bat crusader (dark to very dark). Bottom line they are great movies; so just relax and enjoy a Super Hero movie.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Marvel movies usually make DC movies look bad in my opinion. I really didn't like this movie and I disliked it more after I watched Thor Ragnarok. It felt like parts of the movie that were important to explain certain things were missing.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I don't like it either. It is quite boring and I don't get the sense of Batman getting angry with Superman. I know some of the people he loves died but for someone with high intellect, I expect him to understand that Superman did not intend that to happen. Also, just because his mom's name is the same as Superman's foster mother, you would just team up like that. Blinded by his anger motif was not enough to be the source of the flow of the story. I was hoping for something more but that did not happen.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
E_Thompson7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-thompson7.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by E_Thompson7 »

I nearly walked out of the theatre when it first released for it being so ridiculous but the director's cut was a game changer.
Yeah technically it's even longer, but the story makes A LOT more sense and doesn't feel so mind numbingly long.
omabest
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by omabest »

That film was a bomb! So facinating.
Fatima_Palacios
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatima-palacios.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fatima_Palacios »

Fictions Mistress wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 15:39 It was the climax, I think, that really solidified its status as a "bad film". The fact that Batman spends the entire film dead set against Superman and then, upon finding out their mothers share the same name, decides to team up with him? It's outrageous to say the least, and completely out of character.

Also, Batman has always been a darker hero, but he's being portrayed so antagonistically in this film. Between being against Superman and branding his victims, it's too dark.

The ending was also unnecessary. We all know that Superman is going to come back, because they're working on Justice League. The film just felt much too dark, even for DC, and incredibly ridiculous. And come on. Between Superman and Batman, it really isn't hard to see which is more powerful. And that's coming from a big Batman fan.
My thoughts exactly also there were so many references to comics that werent explained and that left people confused, when i was in the theatre many people didnt knew some references and others did so you could see that not everyone enjoyed it the same. Plus it made references from different comic books lines like injustice, batman v superman and the new 52 whichfor new comic fans can be confusing.
"and if I die trying, then at least I tried."
-Eiichiro Oda (Luffy)
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I liked it. I like that Batman. People say he's terrible but he's not. Also, I think Wonder Woman is the star of this movie. I was very disappointed when her movie was so bad.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
ultraboss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ultraboss.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by ultraboss »

Skillz wrote: 12 May 2018, 18:47 Hahaha! funny. For me, it was a long awaiting show I have waited for so long to watch. My eyes were watering. One good thing that got me holding my breath was the fight the two guys had. the truth is, how could a guy like batty beats chief superintendent (superman) without much difficulties. I expected blood, broken bones. Batty is just to genius to get the ways to easy beat superman. Superman often feels he got the powers which no one else on earth could stand. I would like to see Thor vs. Man of Steel cage fight!
What y'all think?
Then I guess you're going to see the blood and broken bones falling off Thor's body... The only reason batman was able to beat superman was because he had access to a green cryptonite which is superman's weakness.
Superman all the way 8)
sammie klint026

Post by sammie klint026 »

I like this movie very much and am giving it 4 out of 5
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

most people didn't get the point of the story. it's about the power of man. Batman has no special ability but he defeated the godlike superman.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

I guess I didn't see the point in the movie...I mean, you have two superheroes who are supposed to protect the "little guys" and instead spend time fighting against each other. It wasn't my thing, and has made me hesitant to watch Justice League.
Joeboy1234567890

Post by Joeboy1234567890 »

the fact that batman played the antagonist in that movie is make lose interest in it..
Zimall
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall »

It was a good movie. End was not very good though. Still the movie was good.
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

This was a boring movie. I tried to watch it twice and fell asleep both times.
Godwinvimalraj

Post by Godwinvimalraj »

I loved it. This is one my favourite movie that I liked the most. And according to me it's one of Zack Snyder's master piece.

Return to “Films and Books”