Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice Movie Review

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Victoria44
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria44.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly

Batman vs Superman Dawn of Justice Movie Review

Post by Victoria44 »

I wanted to know your thoughts on this movie. I haven't found anyone who liked it yet and the reviews I've read were terrible. I loved this movie. I thought it was great. Why do people hate this movie :?:
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

I didn't like it either. I think I would give it 2 out of 5 stars only for the cast and special effects.
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Fictions Mistress
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictions-mistress.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Fictions Mistress »

It was the climax, I think, that really solidified its status as a "bad film". The fact that Batman spends the entire film dead set against Superman and then, upon finding out their mothers share the same name, decides to team up with him? It's outrageous to say the least, and completely out of character.

Also, Batman has always been a darker hero, but he's being portrayed so antagonistically in this film. Between being against Superman and branding his victims, it's too dark.

The ending was also unnecessary. We all know that Superman is going to come back, because they're working on Justice League. The film just felt much too dark, even for DC, and incredibly ridiculous. And come on. Between Superman and Batman, it really isn't hard to see which is more powerful. And that's coming from a big Batman fan.
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

One of the film's biggest weaknesses was that Superman had no clear reason to hate Batman. It's very well established why Batman would dislike him and fear his powers, but on Superman's part it just felt very, "The plot commands it, so he must."

Also, they at first tried to build up like there was someone behind the scenes, pulling the strings, turning them against one another, but then it just devolves into, "Kill him or I'll kill your mother." It felt like something out of a cartoon, and not a very good one.

The film really pales when you compare it to Captain America 3. There it was already established that Tony and Steve were just two very different people. Their conflict felt natural. Batman vs Superman had none of that.
Envision Tressy
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-envision-tressy.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Envision Tressy »

The movie was actually good, the turnout was even better because it had combined two heroes into a single movie, the storyline was also good.
Her eyes were like the sun, glowing red hot in the darkness of light!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Daniel Ndegwa 105
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-ndegwa-105.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Daniel Ndegwa 105 »

I was disappointed, I was waiting for some really good action and frankly that's all I wanted to see...I give the movie 2 out of 4 stars, some scenes were great but most scene were very boring.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
RicReviews

Post by RicReviews »

Reminded me of a bad karate film, all kicking and punching, nothing else! :)
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

Fictions Mistress wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 15:39 It was the climax, I think, that really solidified its status as a "bad film". The fact that Batman spends the entire film dead set against Superman and then, upon finding out their mothers share the same name, decides to team up with him? It's outrageous to say the least, and completely out of character.

Also, Batman has always been a darker hero, but he's being portrayed so antagonistically in this film. Between being against Superman and branding his victims, it's too dark.

The ending was also unnecessary. We all know that Superman is going to come back, because they're working on Justice League. The film just felt much too dark, even for DC, and incredibly ridiculous. And come on. Between Superman and Batman, it really isn't hard to see which is more powerful. And that's coming from a big Batman fan.
Honestly speaking, I Love You. That were my exact same thoughts when I watched the film and not to be offensive but it was bullshit. I was expecting so much from this film and it came out to be the most terrible films I have watched since I was born. I wasted my time watching it and got pissed by it at almost every scene. It could have been better but it was such a disappointment.
-R
Janey Olily

Post by Janey Olily »

Thanks for the review. I don't want to see the movie
Nasseramran

Post by Nasseramran »

its good for kids only
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

I watched it with my son and he loved all the action in it. As for me I thought it was too dark for my taste.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

I watched it for the first 1 hour, it was so bad that all I can remember from the movie is the title, Batman vs Superman.
aandy1

Post by aandy1 »

I think the book may include some missing lines in the movie that can further explain how the issue between the two heroes started .
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Hahaha! funny. For me, it was a long awaiting show I have waited for so long to watch. My eyes were watering. One good thing that got me holding my breath was the fight the two guys had. the truth is, how could a guy like batty beats chief superintendent (superman) without much difficulties. I expected blood, broken bones. Batty is just to genius to get the ways to easy beat superman. Superman often feels he got the powers which no one else on earth could stand. I would like to see Thor vs. Man of Steel cage fight!
What y'all think?
Abyba

Post by Abyba »

I found it very intriguing. It a must watch. Nice story line

Return to “Films and Books”