BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Tamanna
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamanna.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by Tamanna »

Between shades of grey by Ruta Septys
GeekySonic
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by GeekySonic »

I have wanted since I was a child to see the Warriors series on screen. I keep hearing rumors, but I never get my hopes up.
Riki
Currently Reading: Middlesex
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riki.html
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey

Post by Riki »

I thought I really wanted Cirque du Freak to be a movie series, but the first one was soooo awful. I really wish they'ed pick it up and base it on the manga, but I'm always afraid of yet another horrible Cirque du Freak movie.
Latest Review: "The People Up the Holler" by Roger L. Guffey
EDDY OKOTH
Currently Reading: My trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by EDDY OKOTH »

strong heart

-- 22 Jul 2017, 16:29 --

trip to adele
Mpimba
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Mpimba »

Escape
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials!!! Well, i've searched and it's on the way to adaptation and I am so happy. I hope it's a success :D
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

scrambled eggs wrote:I'd like to recommend The YES Movie, which will also be a book by the same title, is currently in post production and set for completion in early 2009.

First it draw my attention be
The film is a is the brainchild of Young Entrepreneur Society founder-Louis Lautman. It is a business documentary of young entrepreneurs, filled with inspiring stories.This movie will serve as the catalyst that will light within each individual what is possible for them.

Bob Proctor The author of '' The Secret'' also featured in the film, more details go to theyesmovie dot com
I'll look for it, sounds great!
Sheila Hajula
Favorite Book: The Secret Life of Bees
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Sheila Hajula »

I would love to see the Artemis Fowl series. I enjoyed them very much when I was younger
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Novels by Laurel K. Hamilton- but maybe like anywhere from the first book to the 7th book since those were really good (I cant speak for the others I havnt read them yet lol). I'm kind of surprised they havnt been adapted honestly because people love vampires and paranormal romance, which those novels pre-date Twilight (and I'm pretty sure Stephenie Meyer may have drawn some inspiration from them because they have similar things).

Also, I'd love to see the Skinjacker Trilogy(Everlost, Everwild,and Everfound) by Neal Shusterman made into a trilogy. I'd come across information that said Everlost was in the works, but it was years ago and I havnt heard anything since I heard production stopped for some reason.

I haven't seen any of the Percy Jackson movies yet, but I know they only made 2 which kind of bums me. I'm reading the Heroes of Olympus series right now, and I think all Riordan's Percy Jackson novels would be great if adapted.

Outside the realm of fiction, I think it would be really interesting to see a film version of Carolyn Jessop's tell all, Escape. It's about one woman's struggle to escape the cult of the FLDS in Utah where she was brought up and married to one of the prominent leaders as one of his many wives. It's a really good book which sheds light on the polygamist sect under the operation of her husband and Warren Jeffs. I think it would be interesting to see the book play out on the screen in a semi documentary or drama style movie to shed light on something that continues to happen in our own backyard.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

Kresley Cole and her series of books Immortals After Dark
Rhando
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhando.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by Rhando »

I would love to watch the story of Escape by Belle Ami come to life on a screen
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing
fayetino
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fayetino.html

Post by fayetino »

I would love a throne of glass movie
Nyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 15126">The Gunslinger</a>
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reading Device: B00746W3HG

Post by Nyuu »

Woodland Nymph wrote:I would love to see Anne Rice's The Vampire Lestat made into a movie. If that ever did happen, hopefully it would be something like the Interview with the Vampire movie was, instead of that monstrosity of a film, Queen of the Damned.
I second that thought about the vampire lestat and even the whole saga. But i must admit that the queen of the damned adaption is one of my favourite movies. I know that purists hate it and i understand why after reading the novel BUT still the best movie crossover best music score of any movie ever, to me at least.
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

Anything by Charles Portis. The recent adaptation of his True Grit only scratched the surface of the great writing. The Dog of the South in particular would be interesting.
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness and the rest of the Chaos Walking series. I think they'd make a wonderful set of movies!
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Return to “Films and Books”