BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by Moray_001 »

It’s definitely Goddess Interrupted series by Aimee Carter. I absolutely enjoyed reading the series and I would love to see it on the big screen.
Vonnduran
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vonnduran »

Any book by Sandra
Brown.. Especially the books Play Dirty, Envy, Ricochet, The switch and Mirror image. She's an exquisite author, and her books keep you turning the pages. You find yourself thinking about the characters, long after you're done reading the book.
sam_jennifer_may
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-jennifer-may.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by sam_jennifer_may »

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks is one of my favourite books of all time. Nicholas Sparks has a way of drawing you in and making you feel every emotion along with the character. His previous film adaptations have not yet disappointed so I would love to see this one.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I would like to see the movie version of Silmarillion by Tolkien. I know it is all war and creation but I would love to see it in cinemas.
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I wished they finished the Percy Jackson series it feels wrong to only have the first two books done. I wouldn’t mind seeing the Mercy Thompson series into movies, or even the house of night series; I think visually they can get the movie versions to be pretty awesome.
Cralafir
Favorite Book: Rites of Passage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cralafir.html
Latest Review: A Bloody Book by Chris Bowen

Post by Cralafir »

Since I started reading The Selection series by Kiera Cass a few years ago and again with every new release I always hoped a movie series would come from it, especially for the first three books.

A movie for Wake by Amanda Hocking would have also been much appreciated :character-ariel:
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I want a do-over to Eragon's movie where they actually make it well enough to continue the series. The same thing with Inkheart.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

amsula_2018 wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 05:04 I would like to see the movie version of Silmarillion by Tolkien. I know it is all war and creation but I would love to see it in cinemas.
I would totally be into that but I recognize it's a difficult book to make movies off. Maybe a series but then again, I doubt it can be translated well to screen.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I would love to see The Guild Hunter series on screen. I have always wondered how they would make the angels look and if they would be as magestic as described in the book.
darlenee1

Post by darlenee1 »

All the bright places, literally
Ellyza Serrano

Post by Ellyza Serrano »

I think the Selection Series by Kiera Cass. It was so awesome that it really must be a movie. It was fantastic to see such kind of story. :no-spoil:
Shalomsamuels1
Favorite Book: Worm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalomsamuels1.html
Latest Review: Executive Hoodlum by John Costello

Post by Shalomsamuels1 »

Every action book; every book written by Baldacci, Grisham, and Patterson. they write stories with boring characters, i.e. movies.
and mistborn.
LLeClair

Post by LLeClair »

I would love for the Girl On The Train to be a movie. I couldn't put it down. It's a murder mystery and just all drama in it, so entertaining. I think it would deffentley be a hit in the movie theaters. As someone who is trying to be a actress I be would be so up for a role if this was to be a thing.
h_devies

Post by h_devies »

The main series that breaks my heart that isn't a book is Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain. They made a poor attempt to adapt the Black Cauldron, but in all honesty the entire series was wonderful and BETTER than Lord of The Rings. It baffles me that it hasn't been put on the screen yet. But it would have to be the same writers and producers that did LOTR, because it has to be done right.
J_D_Allen
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by J_D_Allen »

Fraternity of the Stone by David Morrell or Blue Horizon by Wilbur Smith

Return to “Films and Books”