BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Lenza
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 17

Re: BOOKS YOU WISH WERE MOVIES

Post by Lenza »

I wish the river and the source by Margaret ogola was made into a movie. its so interesting and historic. Love it big time.
herondalebloodline
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by herondalebloodline »

I really want all The Mortal Instruments series (not just city of bones) to be made into movies, with the characters from the original movie, not from the Shadowhunters TV show.

Also, honestly every Dan Brown and Rick Riordan books.

And The Young Elites series. That'd be dope.
Jacki Mac Iver Hill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: the irrational mind
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacki-mac-iver-hill.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Jacki Mac Iver Hill »

Lainey1978 wrote: 28 Sep 2009, 18:33 I would like to see at least one Xanth book made into a movie. It's come close a few times, but so far no dice. I don't know why!
If you're talking about the books by Pierce Anthony my husband absolutely loves that series! He's been trying to get me to read a couple of them, but fantasy isn't exactly my forte so I've been balking. :snooty:
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't...
You're right!”
:doh:
- Henry Ford

No amount of guilt can change the past.
No amount of anxiety can change the future.
:indubitablysmile:
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

Christine Feehan's Dark series
Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series.
Also wish Harry Potter could be a tv series.
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer! I will be even more thrilled by a mini-series, but if they make it a movie, I won't complain. All I want is for them to MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN!
arinjerry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by arinjerry »

ben carson 'gifted hands'
scratchcat318
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scratchcat318.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by scratchcat318 »

herondalebloodline wrote: 03 Jul 2018, 12:09 I really want all The Mortal Instruments series (not just city of bones) to be made into movies, with the characters from the original movie, not from the Shadowhunters TV show.

Also, honestly every Dan Brown and Rick Riordan books.

And The Young Elites series. That'd be dope.
I honestly think that a TV series for The Mortal Instruments was a better choice for the series than a movie. Considering how gigantic the books in that series are, I doubt a movie adaptation could exist without the writers needing to cut out a lot of essential details and information.

Also, I would be on board for the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan to be made into movies, especially if it means that the Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters' movie adaptations get remade. Those books deserved better movies. :evil:
My_Darcy

Post by My_Darcy »

The Lovely Reckless

I signed up for a book of the month subscription, and I got this book. I wasn’t so sure about it when I first got it, but as I started reading I couldn’t stop. It’s a great quick read, and I think it would be great as a movie. It brings you through the teen romance between a girl trying to get over her past, and a boy who wants a new beginning. I would love to see this book come to life. Through it’s ups and downs the connection that the two characters has keeps you flipping the pages for more.
JoeyG01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by JoeyG01 »

I'm waiting for "The Count of Monte Cristo". Although there are multiple movies and TV shows based on the book. In my opinion there are none that live up to how good the book it.

I've read for years that David S. Goyer is to direct a remake of it, so we will see if/when that happens how good the movie will be
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

The TimeRiders series. I bought all the books in the series but it's still not enough for me. Someone needs to make this into a movie! The concept is brilliant and the plot in each book is strong. There's definitely a market for this type of movie.
Cjmacky

Post by Cjmacky »

I wish to see Jennifer Atmentrout’s White Hot Kiss as a movie. The trilogy of that book was mind blowing. It was like angels vs demon. And the plot of the story was really amazing! And the characters you would wish they were real.
dianabooks
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by dianabooks »

Unwind by Neal Shusterman
taffylee81
Favorite Book: King of Ashes
Currently Reading: Scales of Empire
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taffylee81.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by taffylee81 »

I would love to see Matthew Reilly’s “Jack West Jr” series of books turned into a movie. They have so much action and adventure and remind me of a modern take on “Indiana Jones”.

I would also love to see “The Deeds of Paksenarrion” by Elizabeth Moon made into a movie. The books were amazing and the character Paksenarrion was written with so much depth that she leapt off the page and I became really invested in her and the other main characters.
kamanden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kamanden.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by kamanden »

I would like to see the prey series of books by John Sandford. Particularly "The Eyes of Prey". I bet it would be my favourite scary movie.
dbulkley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbulkley.html
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Post by dbulkley »

Any book by Richard Laymon.
Latest Review: Seer by Larry Austin

Return to “Films and Books”