Best Poirot/Agatha Christie Adaptation/Movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Storygamer88
Currently Reading: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-storygamer88.html
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Best Poirot/Agatha Christie Adaptation/Movie?

Post by Storygamer88 »

I was just curious whether anyone had any opinions on the best of this author's works that have been adapted? I was thinking of checking some out, but I only know of Sherlock movies, which is Conan Doyle.
Hi all. I like board games, card games, video games, books (especially children's books and mysteries), stories, cartoons, anime, manga, light novels, animation, and other light-hearted, fun things. Feel free to message if you want to chat!
Latest Review: "A Town Called Gonefor" by Wesley Cris
HeyMimi
Currently Reading: Berserker Romance
Bookshelf Size: 2356

Post by HeyMimi »

The best Poirot addaptation is the series starring David Suchet, hands down. It has so much eye for detail, it's brilliant. And sometimes, they'll switch who the killer is, or combine 2 books, to surprise even the die-hard fans.

For Miss Marple, my personal preference goes to the series with Geraldine McEwan.

I'm curious about the upcoming American God series, the casting looks awesome.
Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

Totally agree about David Suchet. As for Miss Marple, for me it has to be Joan Hickson. Sorry, but I LOATHE the Margaret Rutherford films, even though I think she was actually a good actress.

-- 06 Nov 2017, 09:14 --

Awaiting views here on the new Murder on the Orient Express Film with Kenneth Brannagh.
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Sarah Eliza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-eliza.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Post by Sarah Eliza »

David Suchet's as Poirot, hands down. He completely BECAME Poirot, from his mannerisms to the very essence of the character. Basically jumped out of the books and came to life.

I do also have a great fondness for Peter Ustinov's appearances as Poirot, although I would not say he stays true to the book character. His version is far more comedic, although he is still authoritative. You laugh with Ustinov and sweat with Suchet.

Return to “Films and Books”