Pirates of the Caribbean

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Pknjo
Bookshelf Size: 33

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean

Post by Pknjo »

All of them had something special about them
Nomzamo Nawodya
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomzamo-nawodya.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Nomzamo Nawodya »

I enjoyed the first and second one, I didn't enjoy the latest one. I actually dozed off.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
R. W. Emerson
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
sheilla the great
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sheilla the great »

I loved the first one because of it's thrilling and amusing nature and I felt like in the second one, Jack sparrow was not so much of his character than the first.Then the story was kinda cliché I guess according to me.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

I really liked the 3rd movie. I liked the idea of the complete series.
Kathryn Price
Currently Reading: The Fifth Season
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-price.html
Latest Review: The Doughnut Boy by Michael R. Dennis

Post by Kathryn Price »

I think if I had to choose, At World's End is my favorite, though it's closely tied with Dead Man's Chest. But Curse of the Black Pearl was really good too... :)

Dead Men Tell No Tales was much better than I thought it would be. I was praying the series wouldn't turn into a worn-out repeat of the same story like the Bourne franchise turned into, and I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked it. I would recommend that any Pirates fan watch it.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I think the first three were the best, truthfully. The fourth one was just subpar in comparison? And, in truth, they probably could have stopped the series at the end of the third one anyway since it kind of settled most things and of course Jack was gonna go off and do something more. Granted, I did find a lot of moments in the fourth movie to be hilarious, particularly that bit at the end when Jack interrupts the fighting...but it just wasn't as good.

I was surprised by Dead Men Tell No Tales, just cause I really wasn't expecting it to be good at all. But it wasn't bad. And I was so happy with the ending. :D
Annamikov
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annamikov.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Annamikov »

The first one has to be my favorite too, haha. I really love Pirates of the Carribean, it's my childhood.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I actually can't pick a favourite. They are all crazy! Haha. I actually haven't seen the last one, but I need to. I am going to find it right now!
charmel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by charmel »

I saw all the sequence parts of the Pirates of the Carribean all of them are the best. . from the Main characters, the costumes, the effects, the scenes, the places they go to really are the best. .it is worth to watch no boring scene at all. .It only shows that we should never judge a person base on how they look because just like captain Jack Sparrow he maybe a pirate but that does not make him a bad guy he has a good heart too. .hope that they will make another sequences fir the Pirates of the Carribean
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

I would say World's End as there was lots of Captain Barbossa and he is my favourite!
AJMcD
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajmcd.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by AJMcD »

I loved "The Curse of The Black Pearl" when it came out, pretty much became my favourite movie for a while. "Dead Men Tell No Tales" looks like it'll revitalize the series as well which has me excited. It's such a great series.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

Curse of the Black Pearl was my favourite and I think the quality of the movies reduce accordingly till this very last one which I didn't like at all.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

Every movie in this series was up to the mark. The last part "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell no tale" is quite intriguing and kept me hooked up till the end.
-R
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

The Black Pearl without a doubt. It turned out to be the funniest, most coherent, and complete picture of them all by a long shot.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

The Curse of the Black Pearl. The rest are lesser attempts to recapture the magic of the original even if entertaining by moments (especially Dead Man's Chest). The "fantastic" elements along the series became increasingly exaggerated, not to mention the action sequences. The music did remain constant in the initial trilogy as well as the production values, but nothing surpasses the impact of Johnny Deep's character in the first, the dynamic with Barbosa (very good villain, although Davy Jones was quite good) and the overall feeling of satisfaction once you finish seeing it.

Return to “Films and Books”