In your opinion,what is the worst book to movie adaption?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

In your opinion,what is the worst book to movie adaption?

Post by jemgirl202 »

Book to film adaptations are often critiqued harshly. I hear people say the book was better more than the other way around. So in your opinion, what is the worst adaptation?

For me it was Ella Enchanted. I grew up reading Ella Enchanted and it was my absolute favorite! I can't tell you how excited I was for the film. When I saw it, I was crushed! How could they do that to a book that had the perfect story line laid out for them?

I am actually pretty relaxed when it comes to adaptations. I don't usually get angry if there are differences in the story. In Ella Enchanted's case, it wasn't even close. I hope one day someone will do a better job adapting to film.
WordHound
Currently Reading: The Elf Brief
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordhound.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by WordHound »

I hated the movie version of The Neverending Story; the creatures and effects were awful and it ruined the story for me. It was so bad I couldn't even finish watching.

I think it is true in almost every case that the book is better than the movie. The only exception for me so far is Stardust; I greatly prefer the movie to the book.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.