American Gods on Starz

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Christina O Phillips
Currently Reading: Oz
Bookshelf Size: 1326
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-o-phillips.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

American Gods on Starz

Post by Christina O Phillips »

Hello!
I am wondering if anyone has started watching the Starz adaptation of American Gods and would like to discuss it?
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

I'm going to get around to watching the first episode on Amazon shortly so I will be up for discussing this :)
"One must always be careful of books, and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Nina Butler
Currently Reading: rubies
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nina-butler.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Nina Butler »

OMG, I love this series. I didn't think I would, but it turned out so well. I love the way they portray the characters and how the plot thickens every episode. I like the casting of the show. All around it is amazing. Plus it already got renewed for a second season. I love that fact that Shadow doesn't know that he has powers, or who he is. If you have read the book, you will know. I commend this show for going to places that not many shows would ever go. Good job Starz on making this a great show to watch every weekend.
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
EMoffat
Currently Reading: Norse Mythology
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emoffat.html
Latest Review: A Life In Waiting by Katrina Benson

Post by EMoffat »

I am currently travelling and have only recently heard about the series. I have to say I am anxious and excited about watching it! As long as you can separate it from the book I think it will be a very good watch. They adapted Neil Gaimens Stardust into a movie and it was very good
elinadsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elinadsy.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by elinadsy »

I'm only a few episodes in, but I think it does a great job of adapting the book for tv while still somehow visually expressing Gaiman's writing style. Keen to finish it!
Dee71
Currently Reading: Lovecraft Country
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Dee71 »

I would definitely recommend it. I wasn't sure that I would like it because I loved the book so much, but I the cast really do a great job at bringing the characters to life. And the showrunners handle all the weird and strange in the book really well. I don't think you'll regret giving it a chance.

The season finale was BEAST to me. Loved it.

Return to “Films and Books”