George R.R. Martin - Beauty and the Beast 80s TV show

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

George R.R. Martin - Beauty and the Beast 80s TV show

Post by Mark Johnson »

Kind of a fun fact. My wife and I were watching the 80s Beauty and the Beast TV show with Linda Hamilton on Amazon this weekend. At the end of one of the episodes during the credits it said that George R.R. Martin was one of the writers on the show. Being a huge Game of Thrones fan, I was like wait a second and had to rewind it to make sure. Kind of cool to see his name as a writer on the show. Fun random fact for GOT fans.
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I'm not a GOT fan, but that is an interesting fact. I used to love watching Beauty and the Beast, and now you've got me thinking about streaming it. :)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I remember that show, but I never really got into watching it. It is interesting, though, when something like that happens.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Mark Johnson wrote:Kind of a fun fact. My wife and I were watching the 80s Beauty and the Beast TV show with Linda Hamilton on Amazon this weekend. At the end of one of the episodes during the credits it said that George R.R. Martin was one of the writers on the show. Being a huge Game of Thrones fan, I was like wait a second and had to rewind it to make sure. Kind of cool to see his name as a writer on the show. Fun random fact for GOT fans.
Wow, I knew he was a writer on a lot of TV shows (he wrote the books specifically because he hated neutering his content for TV) but neat to see something that old.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

The fun fact for me was that there was a Beauty and the Beast tv show. I had no idea. Now I feel like looking for it.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Steph K
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steph-k.html
Latest Review: Ever After by H M Irwing

Post by Steph K »

That's interesting. I was only vaguely aware that there was a Beauty and the Beast show, and I didn't know George R.R. Martin had ever worked in television. Did a lot of characters die in his episode? :)
Varsharampiar
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Varsharampiar »

Awesome story . truly interesting.
NOVELYN LAPON

Post by NOVELYN LAPON »

I've watched this already,,,fairytales also interesting
MrsG2010

Post by MrsG2010 »

Yeah! I was looking him up to answer questions about him for my hubby & was stunned by how prolific his in film work already was! In fact, recently read he started series as going as far as his imagination could stretch, assuming it in no way to be able to be transitioned to the screen!

Return to “Films and Books”