Action Movies

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Abigail09
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 4

Action Movies

Post by Abigail09 »

Now am loving action films all the way . Especially those that have to do with Investigation . They give me the chills , keeps the brain working . What genre of Movies do you enjoy watching ?
Olivia750
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Olivia750 »

Investigative movies are always favorite.
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1416
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

Yes, detective stories are also my favorite. The latest Sherlock Holmes film comes to mind in here!
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Abigail09 wrote:Now am loving action films all the way . Especially those that have to do with Investigation . They give me the chills , keeps the brain working . What genre of Movies do you enjoy watching ?
Investigation, when it it well handled, can be amazing. I agree with this all the way!
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

Mystery, thrillers and crime series movies and books are for me. When I was young, I always slept with a Perry Mason, Agatha Christie, or Arthur Conan Doyle mystery books. Westerns and adventure books are acceptable reading also. The same goes for movies.
razain

Post by razain »

I like the action movies
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

Abigail09 wrote:Now am loving action films all the way . Especially those that have to do with Investigation . They give me the chills , keeps the brain working . What genre of Movies do you enjoy watching ?
In my case the genre is not as important as the story itself; also, a good screen writing style is very high on my list of elements to look for in a good movie. The first movie that comes to mind which incorporates both of these elements is Dances With Wolves which was perfect (in my opinion) in every respect, and though I am not particularly fond of westerns this movie captured my attention as well as my emotions and held them to the very last second of the movie

PS: Again, in my opinion, this movie was one of those rare instances in which the film was far, far better than the book it was taken from.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I also love action movies. Steven Seagal, Liam Neeson, Tom Cruise and Harrison Ford are some of my favorite action heroes.
aldith

Post by aldith »

Action movies like Transporter is electrifying!
NOVELYN LAPON

Post by NOVELYN LAPON »

I love action movies ,,my favorite
emmaskyblue
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by emmaskyblue »

Science and fictions
war films and undercover such as 24 hours(Jack Baur), Airforce one, Expendables, Star Trek, King Kong, Coming to America, etc.
Eniekko
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eniekko.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Eniekko »

:eusa-think: No specific genre for me. I like watching movies but it really depends on my current mood.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I like many types of movies, action, thriller, suspense, indie, art film, horror, even musicals. But I typically avoid films about war and slapstick comedy.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I enjoy watching romantic comedies, but I can also watch action movies from time to time. However, I like the movies that have a fresh plot, or if it is an old plot that has a different perspective. For instance, I watched a ravishing Indian movie named "Barfi" some time ago. I loved it from beginning to end even though it had some aspects of another movie I had seen years ago (The Notebook). Although the stories had some similarities, you still could see "Barfi" was different, original.
Naval Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naval-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Post by Naval Aulakh »

I like watching action movies especially, those have mystery involved.
Live Life to the Fullest and Enjoy Reading!!
Latest Review: "The Deserving" by Efren O'brien

Return to “Films and Books”