Passengers Movie Review

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
foxemily1245
Currently Reading: See Me
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foxemily1245.html

Passengers Movie Review

Post by foxemily1245 »

The last movie I saw was Passengers with Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence. I thought it was an amazing movie, and loved the romance combined with the action! The ending was also one of the best movie endings in my opinion, but I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't seen it. I would give it a 9/10.
Have you guys seen Passengers yet? if so, tell me what you thought!
If not, give us your favorite movie and why!
ablume
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ablume.html

Post by ablume »

I saw Passengers as well and thought it was good, and had an interesting concept. However, I didn't really buy into Pratt and Lawrence's romance, it didn't seem very real to me. I believe this is partly because I have seen interviews and such of both actors respectively and can't see them in such a serious way. Overall it was a cool movie and i'd recommend seeing it at least one.
Adair McClain
Currently Reading: Madhouse
Bookshelf Size: 258
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adair-lee.html
Latest Review: Freefalling by Eme McAnam

Post by Adair McClain »

My friend and I went to see Passengers for her birthday, and we both agree that it was pretty slow to start off and took a long time getting to the action. It was enjoyable, but I kept expecting something more thrilling to happen and it didn't. I was also slightly disappointed with Lawrence Fishburne's role, but overall I enjoyed the movie.
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

I really enjoyed Passengers, actually. I felt the movie was a bit slow in the pacing, but I really enjoyed the romance, and the characters themselves. Chris Pratt did an amazing job acting out some of those emotions and turmoil his character was facing. I love Jennifer Lawrence too, but I think he took the cake with this one. I don't think it should have gotten as much negative reviews as it seemed to have. Aside from my friend who I saw the movie with, everyone who I knew or heard that saw it spoke negatively about it. I really don't see why it got such rotten reviews.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I really liked Passengers. I felt a great deal of pity for Chris Pratt's character and I could empathize with both the characters feeling during the movie. I'm happy with the way they had to work together to save themselves and the rest of the crew. I'm glad that the movie had the ending that it did. I may have changed a few details but I was certainly satisfied.
Akintade Henry
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Akintade Henry »

Well I really enjoyed Passengers but i wished they found a way to get back into their pods after saving the crew.Anyways the movie still must have been an achievement for the producers.
Thebookstealer
Currently Reading: Fish Wielder
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Thebookstealer »

Passengers was nice especially because the ending wasn't really what anyone expected... It was cliché in a good way.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I watched it twice and loved it, despite not really being a Jennifer Lawrence fan. It started a bit slow (not that I was expecting it to be different when the movie is about two people on a spaceship) but the ending paid off!

Return to “Films and Books”