Vampire Diaries

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Re: Vampire Diaries

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Definitely my favorite vampire series, sad that it's over now. The spin off "The Originals" is over as well. I really loved this series.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by amsula_2018 »

I have watched only the first few seasons because the story seems to revolve on protecting Elena and destroy that threat. It became a cycle that it became such a bore to watch. :roll: :roll:
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I started Vampire Diaries from the first episode but I just couldn’t keep up with all the seasons. Maybe one day I’ll try to watch it from start to finish.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I haven’t read the book but I have watched the whole series. I love that the tv made a sub series off of it into the originals & legacies that is coming out soon. I hate that vampire diaries ended though, I really loved watching the character grow & change as the series goes on. I especially like seeing the things they went through makes me feel like I can face any hardships in my own life. I wished I could have seen more of Damon/Elena’s relationship or if they had kids & so on.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I have never read the books but I watched all the seasons of the Vampire Diaries except the last one. I guess I am still in denial about it ending.
Michael theodore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michael theodore »

Cher432, well the ending is a lil bit a sad and happy story. Caroline got married and widowed in the day, stefan obviously died, damon turned human, and lived with elena.. You should see it
hmtclute87
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 245

Post by hmtclute87 »

Ahhhh Vampire Diaries... I read the original 3 books in the early 2000's, and truly enjoyed them. (I'm a bit obsessed when it comes to vampires.) When I heard about the WB starting the show, I went back to re-read, and saw there were several more in the series:
Here's how I break it down:
book series- amazing, full of moments I can't turn the pages fast enough to get the words in and know what's happening next. I have read all of the books, I own them all, only problem was, in early 2010's they fired the writer and creator of those books, L. J. Smith, and replaced her with a ghost writer. It was complete B******t! I will admit I read them, and I could tell immediately (within the first chapter of ghostwriters writing) this wasn't the same. Smith was able to stick it to book company that fired her and kept her characters, she used kindle words, and wrote the stories ending as she meant it. Unfortunately, she became very I'll with a very rare disease and only got out 1½ of the book in the last 3 book arch. I've read them, well what she put out, and I can say, I wish her a speedy recovery so I can finally close these books in my life.

TV series- I loved it. I learned a looooonnngggg time ago, to not go into a new series based on books with preconceived notions. It never ends well. I know the books inside and out, front to back, but when I start a new show, I try to wipebit all from my mine, and start only knowing the characters names. Watching this show that way, wonderful! Until they killed off Elena. Well in all honesty, Nina Dobrev, only signed a contract for a 6 year roll. So that being said, I still own every single season, VD and originals both, and I'm a diehard forever fan. I'm a Delana fan, and (even if that would never happen in the books-no matter what ghost writer wants to put on those pages-it never would have happened with the connection Elena and Stefan have in the books)

So, my bottom line, is they are both wonderful, full of huge characters I've learned to love and cherish in their own way and that have been a huge part of my life for almost 20 year. Please, give both the original book series, and the TV show(Julie Pleck-is an amazing director and producer) a shot and I'm fairly certain you won't be disappointed.
lildallface
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lildallface »

There are Vampire Diaries books!! I'm elated. I've watched all the seasons twice. I have a thing for modern vampire stories. I read the Twilight Saga and have watched the movies over 6 times each. I just reread the first book Twilight and plan on rereading the rest. I loved Stephenie Meyer's story... how she was simply a stay at home mom who wanted something to fill her time, she had never written a book before and it became one of the most successful book series and movies of our time. It's very inspiring. Plus I find the way she writes to be impeccable especially for a first time author--even though I'm sure she had plenty of help from her editors.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by jesscat304 »

To be honest some of the plot lines and characters of the tv show are completely different to the books, but I have watched and read the series and I can still appreciate and enjoy the storyline in both, as long as I treat them, as almost separate stories with some similarities
Adeqyms09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Adeqyms09 »

The book is more, but the TV show is interesting
Bluebird03
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluebird03.html
Latest Review: Retort and Retribution by Jak Dello

Post by Bluebird03 »

I did not know that there were books for this show. I loved the show at first and watched it religiously. Then, toward the end, I lost interest. It seems like there was a similar show that had some of the same characters- maybe The Originals?
Taylor Danvers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-danvers.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Taylor Danvers »

I think season one to season 3 of the film was really good but season 4 to seven got really boring due to the changing main characters and because they killed Catherine and Elena suddenly started loving Damon which was a good plot twist but badly illustrated.
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :text-feedback: :text-welcomeconfetti:
_Delly_01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-delly-01.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by _Delly_01 »

csimmons032 wrote: 29 Apr 2017, 22:36 I have never read the books but I watched the tv series. It used to be one of my favorite shows, but after a while it all was just getting too dramatic for me. It felt like every little thing was a threat to the whole town and I just got bored with it. I gave it a rest for a little while, but I did watch the series finale just to see how it ends.
That's funny you thought it was too dramatic and got bored with it. I'm usually the first to roll my eyes dramatic TV shows, but I really loved watching The Vampire Diaries . I think I might've even cried a little. I know I was pretty upset during the finale. And the kissing scene between Elena and Damon near the vending machine? My teeny-bopper heart skipped so hard. Lol. But I've never read the books.
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

I just started watching this show on netflix and completed season. It was ok. However, it was tad too dramatic for my taste.
Ellie_D
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellie-d.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Ellie_D »

I've watched the show, but i will read the books any time soon i think it's more fun to read about every detail. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Films and Books”