Did you cry during the Book/Movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Did you cry during the Book/Movie?

Post by nikkyteewhy »

A walk to remember; I cried reading the book and I cried watching the movie.
mimmo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mimmo »

i have cried watching titanic and the lone survivor seeing people die in titanic i cried when jack died he was such a sweet boy in lone survivor i cried seeing how those soldiers are being shot at but they still fight
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

Oh, I cried more on books than on movies because when you read a book, you know what's running in their mind, so you have a better grasp of their emotions.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

The book “Rage of Angels” by Sidney Sheldon made me cry until my head would almost split in two.

“More than Blue”, a Korean film which I consider one of the most tearjerker movies I have ever seen. I cried watching this film starting from the middle part of the movie until its ending – that’s how long I was crying just watching this movie. I couldn’t control the tears which were continuously falling until the end of the film. I was having a big headache just from crying. I couldn’t even stop crying until I fell asleep - that’s how sad this movie is.
cpivie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by cpivie »

I bawled when Sirius died in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - I was very upset! Interestingly, I didn't cry like that when Dumbledore died in the next book.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

AI rips me up every time I watch it. And Toy Story 3, every freaking time! But the worst ever was Dead Man Walking, had Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn, only saw it once. Always wondered if it was a book too but I would never be able to bring myself to read it. That just tore me up.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Dandelions123110

Post by Dandelions123110 »

The movie Love, Rosie really touched my heart that I was moved to tears while watching it. Specially the part when Rosie was doing a Made of Honor speech for Alex's wedding. The speech was full of genuine love that I cried because although Rosie was wishing for Alex's happiness, I can really feel the sadness between the two. 😢
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

I definitely shed many tears while watching and reading the closing of The Hunger Games series, with Mockingjay. I am very attached to those characters.

For A Fault in our Stars, I did not cry while reading the book or watching the movie for the first time. However, I most definitely balled my eyes out when I watched it the second time, at three in the morning. Maybe I was really tired, maybe I was just having a day, but it got me!
Rebekah2019

Post by Rebekah2019 »

The Bridge to Terabithia always gets me a little choked up and I actually love what they did with movie adaptation.
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

Memoirs usually get me. Knowing that the story is real makes me more emotionally connected to the story, but there have been some tear jerking novels. Movies get me more than books in terms of crying because I'm easily emotionally manipulated by music!
Salder
Currently Reading: Winning the war on cancer
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Salder »

Like stars on earth and Aashiqui definitely brought tears to my eyes...It was so emotional. I tear-soaked my face towel
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I think I cried the whole time I read Nicholas Sparks A Walk to Remember, probably more than the movie.
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

Yes. It's impossible not to especially when the stories bring out deep emotions.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I usually cry more with the books than the movies some though are just such beloved characters that when something happens to them in the movie I cry. Harry Potter got me a few times but oddly enough I cried more of the ending in Goblet of Fire movie ending than the book. In Twilight series, New Moon when Edward leaves I only cried when reading the book not the movie at all.
Ruthie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthie10.html
Latest Review: Risking Forever: vol 1 by Tara Gallina

Post by Ruthie10 »

Miracles from heaven directed by TD Jakes made me cry so much the first and second time i saw the movie

Return to “Films and Books”