Did you cry during the Book/Movie?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Re: Did you cry during the Book/Movie?

Post by cjohns105 »

The movie 'Lion' is out in theaters right now. We saw a clip of it during whatever award show was on a couple of weekends ago and decided that we had to see it. Unsurprisingly the end of the movie is quite emotional. I had tears streaming down my face for like 10 minutes. Every time I thought I was gonna calm down I would look back at the screen and start crying again. It was a very visceral experience.
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
Boyko Ovcharov
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Boyko Ovcharov
Favorite Book: The Proximity of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1419
fav_author_id: 33385

Post by Boyko Ovcharov »

If the reader/viewer doesn't feel anything while reading or watching, then there are perhaps two main reasons for that: either the movie/book isn't good enough or the former is 'unemotional', to say the least.
SpiderDreamer1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SpiderDreamer1 »

I tend to cry a lot, even at happy scenes. Finding Dory made me sniffle a little bit during one key scene.
chattykathy
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chattykathy.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by chattykathy »

That have been many that made me cry and even like my heart was being ripped out. Lately I have been watching "This is Us" and I am usually teary eyes at one point in the show. One movie as of late that I watched and cried with was "Hidden Figures" not because it was sad but because it was that good. They were happy tears falling down my cheeks.
Ntombie

Post by Ntombie »

Yes, I have cried during a movie.
Sabrinah Brendah

Post by Sabrinah Brendah »

yes, I've cried while watching movies and while reading novels. I have to say though, that while I was affected by the fault in our stars I didn't shed even a tear. I was sad but I was frankly more affected by a walk to remember.
chattykathy
Currently Reading: Lost Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chattykathy.html

Post by chattykathy »

Does TV shows count? I have been crying like a river whenever I watch This is Us. There something each episode that makes me ball.
Abhijeet Misal

Post by Abhijeet Misal »

Most of the films are emotional drama. Yes I do cry because some where it deals with our personal issues.
TrishVincent80
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 966
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishvincent80.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by TrishVincent80 »

Although I have not read “ The Fault In Our Stars”, I did see the movie. I cried a little.

When I read “ The Deathly Hollows” I cried like a baby. My eyes were so full of tears that I could no longer see the words on the page. When I saw the movie in theaters it was the somewhat less dramatic because I already knew the ending but I still bawled my eyes out…and my husband laughed at me. :cry:

I can not watch " Homeward Bound" without losing my cool. I have to leave the room...when he thinks Shadow is dead and then he sees him walking up...it's too much. I'm tearing up just writing this stupid post. LOL
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

The one and only movie that has ever managed to make me cry, along with the book, was the perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I don't know what it is about this story, but even thinking about it makes me want to get into fetal position and sob.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Exavia
Currently Reading: Japanese Lover
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-exavia.html

Post by Exavia »

I cry while reading books all the time. Even if they aren't particularly sad or evoke emotion. Movies are a little different. I'll only cry if I'm super invested in the storyline/characters, or if I read the book first and there is a significant moment. For example, Rue in The Hunger Games. I also shed a few tears for Peeta.
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

HerRoyalCuteness_J wrote:I Love that movie.. Made me cry a lot..
Really hit that soft spot.?

-- 12 Dec 2016, 01:06 --

I also cried when I read "The Five People You meet in Heaven" Its a really great book ?

!!!! I LOVED "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". I have the book on my guest room table and encourage everyone to read it while they stay with us (since it's not a very long book). A friend gave me the book and I've had it ever since. The book put me in serious tears.
It's Always Worth the Read.
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

I cried during the Fault in Our Stars as well both the book and the movie. I almost cried when I saw the Book Thief especially at the end. Both are great stories and I highly recommend that you read the books or see the movies, but make sure that you have a box of Kleenex handy.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
NerdGirl91
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdgirl91.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by NerdGirl91 »

I cry harder with books. I think I do this because when I'm reading I see the characters I created in my imagination so it hits a little harder. The only exception was when Dobby dies in Harry Potter. I cried just as hard if not a little more with the movie. I think it was because the movies were a very close interpretation of my imagined potter world.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Mickiee
Currently Reading: Laiden's Daughter
Bookshelf Size: 55

Post by Mickiee »

I am a pathetic crier! (God made me an ugly crier too! Cosmic joke here! Lol!) I think I tend to cry more reading the book and getting annoyed at the movie. So much is usually edited out of a movie. But! Having said that... It's not unusual for me to cry during a commercial too!

Return to “Films and Books”