Harry Potter

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jennifer Santos
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Jennifer Santos »

HARRY POTTER IS LEGENDARY. And I agree with the other people, it's okay if you would watch Fantastic Beast first before reading it because the book is actually about the "beasts" included in the story plot of the movie. The movie was great but you would really miss Harry and the entire characters if you're a really big potterhead
Harmony Hills
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harmony-hills.html
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh

Post by Harmony Hills »

I've watched it and re-watched it all also before reading and rereading the whole series. It's okay, in the end you will still compare. :D
“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
Latest Review: "Alba" by B. E. Okoh
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I'm so jealous. I wish I could read the books again for the first time!
Queatzal
Currently Reading: Tuesdays at the Castle
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queatzal.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by Queatzal »

The Harry Potter books were such a memorable read. I always look back on the books and remember the excitement of reading as a child. Every detail in the story, whether it's the places or the food or the animals, just felt so vivid. I can read the books over and over and never get bored. I liked the movies as well but they didn't have the same magical feel for me. I think it's because I was a little older when I saw the movies. On the other hand, watching the movies with little kids made it more enjoyable.
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
Anirudh Badri
Currently Reading: Quiet
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anirudh-badri.html
Latest Review: Galactic Passages: Planet 6333 by Dean and Anson Vargo

Post by Anirudh Badri »

The books were frankly much better than the movies, so I suggest you read them. After the first 3 movies, the books were just too long to do justice to in a single movie.
It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.

–Oscar Wilde
Elle Howard
Currently Reading: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elle-howard.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Elle Howard »

I loved both the movies and the books. The movies follow the plots in the books very closely and it is nice to actually visualize what is described in the books. But the books are huge and very detailed. A lot of the little details and subplots are missing in the movies. I hope you do get to read the books someday. They will not disappoint you.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
–Maya Angelou
Bluecobia
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluecobia.html
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert

Post by Bluecobia »

I read all the books first then watched the movies.
Latest Review: The miner by F.Robert
Beatrice_Greenwald
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beatrice-greenwald.html
Latest Review: Belas Rift by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen

Post by Beatrice_Greenwald »

I quite like the idea of watching a movie before reading the book, because you have a clear picture of the locations, people, etc. but that does slow the imagination down, which books are mainly for. It also depends, though, on the genre. A series like Harry Potter is quite cool, because it doesn't matter if the movies were watched first or the books read first, because both are so well done that it is more than absolutely fantastic either way. J.K. Rowling had written everything in such detail that when the movies came out, I thought everyone was watching the contents of my brain on the screen in the movies. The actors seemed to be born for the roles. :)
elderwand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 565

Post by elderwand »

The books are absolutely must-reads!
dauntlesswitch
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauntlesswitch.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David
Reading Device: B01M9IIPZ8

Post by dauntlesswitch »

After I watched the third movie, I felt the urge to read all the books. Now I've already read the whole series and watched the movies. I was never disappointed with JK's work. I also joined some online Hogwarts groups and got sorted to a house. There's not a year that I will not reread and rewatch HP.
Latest Review: "The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David
Emmyblue
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Emmyblue »

I've never read any of HP books but i've Watched all of HP movies, is there any difference?
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I tried the Harry Potter book 1 I finished it but I just could not get into it.
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
George Sparrow
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by George Sparrow »

I can understand the hype about Harry Potter books and movies but it seems redundant to speak of them here. The books themselves are great and offer a glimpse into a different world that might exist behind the platform nine and three-quarters.
Eniefiok
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Eniefiok »

I have got no idea of what to say about Harry Potter, but the first time I watch it, I fell to the ground trying to sit on a chair

-- 16 Oct 2017, 17:50 --

I have got no idea of what to say about Harry Potter, but the first time I watch it, I fell to the ground trying to sit on a chair

-- 16 Oct 2017, 17:50 --

K_Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-robinson.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by K_Robinson »

Ive read all the HP books growing up and loved them. I loved the movies too. I think the film makers did a wonderful job doing the books justice!
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Return to “Films and Books”