Harry Potter

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Trisha Jael
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Harry Potter

Post by Trisha Jael »

Some people say that the harry potter series copied the twilight series but we all know that harry potter came first. I feel that when cedric digory died he was turned into a vampire and forgot about his hogwarts and wizarding life. Do you guys agreee
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Definitely one of my favorite books/movies of all time. I think the books are a bit better than the movies, which is usually the case.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I read all the books & watched all the movies. After the series ended I watched Lord of the Rings for the first time a few years later & realized J.K. Rowling ripped off a lot of the story from Lord of the Rings. It basically ruined my perception that Harry Potter was completely original & made it less magical.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I have read the books and watched all the movies multiple times. Trust me, you are missing out on a huge part of the franchise of tou do not read the books.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I have read all the books and watched the movies multiple times. You are missing out on a huge part of the franchise if you don't give the books a try.
mani_123
Currently Reading: The Mystery Of Flight 2222
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by mani_123 »

I first watched all the movies from the series and then I started reading the books. I haven't yet completed reading all the books. The books definitely are expressed in more depths. The movies and the books, both are extremely amazing.
cosette1789
Currently Reading: Invisible Ink
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cosette1789.html

Post by cosette1789 »

I think Harry Potter is one of those fandoms where the movies and the books can be enjoyed separately as their own interpretations of the same universe. I grew up with the books, so I read them first.
-_-MLT-_-

Post by -_-MLT-_- »

I am a huge fan of all thing HP, but that still does not excuse the glaring differences in some if not all the movies compared to the books. It makes it hard to want to watch any movie based off a book when there is a chance it just won't give you the same feeling from reading it when seeing it messed up on film. Or even having just the story line changed from the original makes it lose the appealing aspects of the books that made you fall in love with a good story.
Maya32

Post by Maya32 »

I only read 4 books of harry potter but I already saw all the movies. The movies didn't reach my expectations. There are lots of important scenes left behind, but over all the movies it's very FANTASTIC!! I also finished watching the "Fantastic Beast". It's nice, it's still magical but not magical as harry potter movies. I'm looking forward for a new movies of harry potter, especially " THE CURSED CHILD"
To J.K Rowling. You're a very amazing writer, your stories played magically in our mind. I hope to read lots of your stories.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

I love the Harry Potter movies especially the prisoner of Azkaban. The books, i haven't read them yet. but I'm hoping to eventually.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
Amyrich

Post by Amyrich »

I've read that thin volume ages ago, more than a decade ago. Unless JKR has expanded the volume significantly and transformed it into a Harry Potter-esque series, it's just a sort of a glossary of the different beasts and their powers and where to find them. Literally the title of the book.

On a side note, I wish JKR seriously considered writing at least a full book on the conflict between Dumbledore and Grindelwald. I think it would be HOT! What do you think?
1ditzyrn
Favorite Book: Desire
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1ditzyrn.html
Latest Review: Genesis (The Infinity Series, Vol.2) by Bellamy Westbay
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 1ditzyrn »

I have all the movies at home, but have only read a few of the books. I find that with this series, they are both viable options. J.K. Rowling wrote wonderful books, and the directors and producers did a phenomenal job bringing that world to life on the screen.
HailKingEbi
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hailkingebi.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by HailKingEbi »

Harry Potter was something I somewhat stumbled upon and I've not regretted it. The stories are fantastic.
We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings - Doctor Manhattan.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I've read the books, and have watched the earlier movies but didn't like it as much as other fans. The books was just so much more detailed (as expected). I recently went to the Wizarding World in Orlando and it was a dream come true.
ezra_sky

Post by ezra_sky »

I would suggest that if you’re more into building your imagination then read the books because there is so much more details in them. However the movies are also incredible because of the music and imigary of how it would have actually looked and facial expressions. J.K.Rowling definitely changed the game.

Return to “Films and Books”