Harry Potter

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
theprakriti
Currently Reading: The Glass Hotel
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theprakriti.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Re: Harry Potter

Post by theprakriti »

Am I supposed to write a comment on it or a whole book? I love the movie so so so much. It just takes the magician out of me and I feel supernatural and that I can do anything. The story is super amazing. I mean who cannot like Harry Potter. Even when I see the cast in other movies I call them by their Harry Potter names only. This book and the movies, both are magical, diving right into the heart!
Lost Star
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lost-star.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Lost Star »

Potterhead here, too! Is it just me or do you wish to erase your memories of Harry Potter too just so you can experience the magic all over again?
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Claire Vaal
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-vaal.html
Latest Review: So Long Earth by Michael Bienenstock

Post by Claire Vaal »

I’m a huge fan of both! I definitely recommend the books and movies to anyone who hasn’t read/watched them.
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

I saw the first Harry Potter movie before I ever knew it was an adaptation. But afterward, I went and read all the books. It was so good I couldn't stop until I read them all. When i decided to watch the movies again, i didnt quite like some aspects becaseu i felt they makers left out some portions.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Harry Potter is so popular , especially with younger readers. I could never get into the books and would start watching some of the movies but didn’t always understand them, so I never finished watching any of them
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

Even I love Harry Potter books. They are something I can read for hours on end without getting bored or tired. I've seen the movies too, and enjoyed them! Though I do like the books more than the movies 😀
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Sarah Nichols 7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Doctor Sleep
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-nichols-7.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Sarah Nichols 7 »

HARRY. I’m re-reading the series again. I love the books and the movies. The movies have their flaws, but I love them just as much. Prisoner of Azkaban is next!
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Amna Khalid »

I have watched Harry Potter movies a lot of times. I'm fan of it. I want to read the books too, they are in my list for so long.
Amna Khalid
Kanika Tandon
Currently Reading: Of winners and losers
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanika-tandon.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Kanika Tandon »

Harry Potter. I can go on and on about the books and movies. Generally, I don't like the movie versions of the books. I feel they fail to do justice to the books. But the, it is difficult to fit every part of the book into the two-hour-long film. But somehow, HP movies don't fall into that category. I loved the movies equally as I did the books. My personal favorites are the Goblet of Fire and Deathly hallows , both parts. My least favorite is Prisoner of Azkaban. I cant watch the HP series on repeat.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I'm in love with harry potter series. The world they created is really awesome. After watching it for the first time, I just wanted to learn magic.
Ochieng Stephen Owino
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ochieng-stephen-owino.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Ochieng Stephen Owino »

Potterhead present here. Well I love the books and still read them when I have the time. I just wish they could include every aspect of the books into the film (Every Neville moment in the book was priceless).
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The Virgo Speaks wrote: 06 Dec 2016, 23:03 This may be against the rules of the nerd association (of which I am a proud member), but I have seen every single Harry Potter movie an extensive amount of times and have never read any of the books. I plan to do so, however, before I die. I also plan on reading Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by J. K. Rowling before i see the movie.
You are definitely not alone. I haven't read a single book in this series and I really have no plans of doing so :lol: lol. I enjoy watching the series regardless of its story or whether it follows the book or not.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I read all the books before watching the movies. I read some of them a few times. I discovered Harry Potter in an airport when I ran out of books to read. I believe I was on the 4th book by the time the movies began coming out. Enjoyed the books more than I enjoyed the movies, but the movies were not bad adaptations.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I have read some of the books and seen all of the movies. I loved the books. I also enjoyed the movies very much. They are a wonderful way to escape into a magical world. J.K. Rowling has such a wonderful imagination. The later books/movies become quite dark and scary though, although good triumphs over evil in the end.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

I too saw all the series of Harry Potter but till now I didn't even a read a line in the book. But I also eagerly waiting to makeup my mind and make Time read the series.

Return to “Films and Books”