What is your all-time favourite anime?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Aleah
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleah.html

What is your all-time favourite anime?

Post by Aleah »

I'm really not sure what mine is. I really like Noragami, Blue Exorcist, Attack on Titan, Pokemon, Gurren Lagaan, Kuroko no Basket, there are just so many!!

Which is your favourite(s)?
kirakripa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kirakripa »

It's difficult to pick just one...Death Parade would be pretty high up on the list. I'm currently obsessed with Haikyuu! as well.
cnsamson
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 22662">The Sixth Extinction</a>
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reading Device: B00MYH64IO

Post by cnsamson »

I haven't seen a whole lot of anime, but definitely liked "Last Exile".
MorganTaylor
Currently Reading: Jane Eyre
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgantaylor.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by MorganTaylor »

Steins;Gate, Zankyou no terror, Kekkai Sensen are all extremely good :D
Marie-S
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-s.html

Post by Marie-S »

Ahhhh anime!!!! <3 I absolutely love anime! My all time favorites are Ouran High School Host Club, The Wallflower ( not a lot of people seem to know this one :/ ), Blue exorcist, and Tokyo Goul.
Jjnessie 33
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjnessie-33.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by Jjnessie 33 »

I'm not a big fan of anime but I do like death note. I love tv and movies that make you think a lot.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
kanameyuutan30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanameyuutan30.html

Post by kanameyuutan30 »

Marie-S wrote:Ahhhh anime!!!! <3 I absolutely love anime! My all time favorites are Ouran High School Host Club, The Wallflower ( not a lot of people seem to know this one :/ ), Blue exorcist, and Tokyo Goul.
I know all of the anime that you mentioned. you're not alone. <3

My ANSWER:

All time favorite at the moment is Uta no Prince-sama. It was love at first sight when I saw their nendoroid figures online and I asked around what the title of the anime was. Then I started watching it and fell in love even more. It's about music, plus all the bishies .. what more I could ask for?

UtaPri also got me into seiyuu (voice actor) fandom so I really am grateful to these princes.. <3 I love them so much!

my bias are Aijima Cecil, Shinomiya Natsuki (Satsuki) and the whole QUARTET NIGHT.
sadya
Favorite Book: Too many to name 1.
Currently Reading: Too many to name them all.

Post by sadya »

Not sure if this counts, but forgive me, I'm turning 40 next year, 'Lady Oscar' is one of the best for me, also known as 'The Rose of Versailles'.
WolfGirl1777

Post by WolfGirl1777 »

Fairy Tail!!!!!!!!!! I'm in total love with the Fairy Tail series. It is really long, which some people don't like, but I love long animes and shows - I never want the story to end! I also love Ouran High School Host Club, The Wallflower, Special A, Blue Exorcist, and Maid-sama; among others. A lot of others :)
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

I love me some Sailor Moon! I know Usagi can be pretty immature and annoying at times, but I just love the anime series and the manga. I also really like Attack on Titan and Pokemon (mostly the original series). Inuyasha is another favorite of mine.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I can honestly say I am not, nor have I ever been a big fan of anime. I think I just don't understand the genre. However, my husband is a HUGE anime fan. He has watched and read so many different anime series so I felt bad for not giving it a try. He had me start watching Naruto and I am surprisingly hooked! It's not something I watch every day, and it'll probably take me a life time to get through it because there are SO many episodes. But I'm glad I gave it a try, I really am enjoying it!
Zoey141
Currently Reading: elephant vanishes
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by Zoey141 »

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood‎, Naruto, and Dragon Ball Z.
E-beth
Currently Reading: Hidden Deep
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-beth.html

Post by E-beth »

Possibly my favorite would be Sword Art Online. Either that or Pokemon. It's really hard to just choose one.
Jasmine M Wardiya
Currently Reading: Darkglass Mountain #2 - The Twisted Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-m-wardiya.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jasmine M Wardiya »

Can't pick just one, but my top three are Pokemon, Digimon and the Yugioh superseries - though if we split those into seasons and spinoffs, that'd be Pokemon XY/XY&Z, Digimon Tamers and Yugioh Arc-V. Other favourites are Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, WIXOSS, PMMM, anything by CLAMP or KEY or Gundam-verse, Higurashi/Umineko... I guess that's enough for now. XD I'm a big anime fan.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
anduril38

Post by anduril38 »

Has to be Yu Yu Hakusho. Trinity Blood though is a very close second.

Return to “Films and Books”