Secret Life of Pets

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Jason_Marchingo
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-marchingo.html
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Icon Secret Life of Pets

Post by Jason_Marchingo »

This is a hilarious movie that I'd pick out to be for children.

It's an interesting tail that shows the viewer what our pets lives might actually be like, and how a rebellion is formed against humans and other pets love for their owners.

It's got interesting graphics that I wouldn't have otherwise picked for this movie, but in a very good way.

I'd rate this movie 3.5 out of 5 and would highly recommend to children.

If you've got specific questions just reply and I'll do my best to answer after having recently watched it!

- Jason
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I watched this one with my son a few months back. I agree, it was so cute! My son loved it too!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Lauren M
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-m.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts

Post by Lauren M »

I watched this one a month ago. It was cute, however if I was recommending newer kids movies, I would say Zootopia. I thought that was one of Disney's best ones so far.
Latest Review: "Everything I Need to Know About Love I Learned From Pop Songs" by Laura Roberts
Wasif Ahmed
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wasif-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00THRCA6E
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Wasif Ahmed »

I watched this movie a few weeks back. Great and cute movie. I would also be rating it 3.5 on a scale of 5
When people say you've changed, it just means that you have stopped living your life, their way.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

This was a cute movie, but I would recommend it for younger children. My son, who is twelve, was a little disappointed. He liked the characters, but I think the plot was too simple for him.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Jason_Marchingo
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-marchingo.html
Reading Device: B00GQDBS7O

Post by Jason_Marchingo »

Lauren M wrote:I watched this one a month ago. It was cute, however if I was recommending newer kids movies, I would say Zootopia. I thought that was one of Disney's best ones so far.
Yes Lauren I have to agree with this. I remember my first time watching Zootopia, and I was drawn in straight from the beginning.

I've always been drawn to dinosaur adventure stories and movies and find them fascinating. I would say that I wish they were still existent but some would argue that they'd just make humans extinct or worse.

It's one of those movies that can be watched over and over without ever growing old. At least for me that is.

I'd rate Zootopia a 4 out of 5 if I had to.
kanameyuutan30
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanameyuutan30.html

Post by kanameyuutan30 »

This movie is so cute! I have a son but he's just 1.yo and doesn't appreciate animation that much. But me, I really enjoyed it.. Now I'm waiting for the Japanese Audio DVD to be officially released.. I want to watch the Japanese Audio because Norman and Tiberius' japanese voice actors are my favorite! <3 Kaji Yuuki as Norman and Miyano Mamoru as Tiberius. They are a match made in heaven. This duo is awesome! watch the announcement for the Japanese Casting on youtube. :)

I love this two! <3
Luv2Read74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luv2read74.html

Post by Luv2Read74 »

The day I saw this movie I was at the theater picking up tickets for another movie I was going to watch the next day after work. I saw it was getting ready to start and just decided to buy a ticket. I am glad I did.

I had a rough day at work and this movie was just the pick me up I needed. I kind of felt like the creators had been in my head because I like to create animal dialogue and wonder what pets do when humans are not around.

If you haven't seen it I recommend it to all ages, even if you don't have kids.

-- 24 Oct 2016, 20:15 --
LivreAmour217 wrote:This was a cute movie, but I would recommend it for younger children. My son, who is twelve, was a little disappointed. He liked the characters, but I think the plot was too simple for him.
Zootopia was a pretty good movie. I missed it in theaters but recently watched it on Netflix. The storyline was great.
dovilearlikeviciute
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dovilearlikeviciute.html

Post by dovilearlikeviciute »

That movie was awesome!!!!!
I recomend it to all who want a fun evening with family or friends.
kodabear
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by kodabear »

I think I'll let my two year old give it a shot!
Anne Kathrin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anne-kathrin.html

Post by Anne Kathrin »

Haven't seen it yet but hope to soon!
ablume
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ablume.html

Post by ablume »

I liked this movie. It was just so adorable, the concept of seeing such funny theories as to what pets do when you're not home was interesting. I'd recommend seeing it at least once.
Lest92
Currently Reading: Oil and Marble
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lest92.html
Latest Review: The Everywhere Spirit by Nicholas Applin

Post by Lest92 »

Lauren M wrote:I watched this one a month ago. It was cute, however if I was recommending newer kids movies, I would say Zootopia. I thought that was one of Disney's best ones so far.
I agree, Zootopia amazed me, and I don't really watch animated movies anymore. The Secret Life of Pets was kitsch but cute, it was good for a laugh.
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Post by srm628 »

I went to see this movie in theatres with my friends. I really liked it and thought it was cute, but struggled with some of the logic. I was fine with talking and adventurinf animals, but the main adventure seemed to happen in one day and I didn't like that.
jellybean85
Currently Reading: It's Hard to Be a Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 416
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jellybean85.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by jellybean85 »

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I saw the previews and it looks like a cute and funny movie.

Return to “Films and Books”