Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie yes or no?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Re: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie yes or

Post by Bandersnatch »

I really want to watch the movie, and I'm going to, because Tim Burton is one of my favorite directors, but I thought it was really weird that they just changed the peculiarities of Emma and Olive and switched ages of some of the peculiar children and all that. The cast seems great though, so I'm still excited to see it.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
bandsqueen85
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandsqueen85.html

Post by bandsqueen85 »

i loved the books, and ive read them repeatedly. i watched the first 20 minutes of the movie at home, and then stopped. it drove me nuts how some of the peculiarties were changed, and i just always tend to prefer the books instead. i tend to have a picture in my head of the setting and the characters, and the movies always ruin it, no matter how good the actors and directors are.
Lokyreads

Post by Lokyreads »

I struggled to read the book and though I love Tim Burton, I hated the movie, it was boring to me :( :doh:
Victoria Hatzson

Post by Victoria Hatzson »

It was an interesting movie but for all the lovers of the book i've heard that it failed on some parts, but most where satisfied enough
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I didn't get to read the books, but I did watch the movie. I regret not knowing about the series beforehand, but I actually enjoyed the movie quite a lot. Maybe it's because I didn't know the characters as well.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Chitopogi
Currently Reading: the marvelous adventures of gwendolyn gray
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitopogi.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Chitopogi »

I have already watched Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie twice. And I liked it. Although the strengths of each child was not fully utilized in the movie. To be sure, I intend to read the book later on.
Beautyandtheblog
Currently Reading: The Silence of the Lambs
Bookshelf Size: 346
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautyandtheblog.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Beautyandtheblog »

I quite enjoyed the movie BUT I also haven't ready the books yet (I know, I know but they are on my list). From the sounds of it, it really seems like a watch first, read later kind of movie anyway.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Desert Rose Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desert-rose-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Desert Rose Reviews »

I actually haven't read the books yet, but I enjoyed the film. I've heard it was done well, which makes me want to read the books even more! I typically don't like the actress who played Miss Peregrine, so the fact I liked the film says a lot. =D
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

I only watched the film. I didn't really enjoy it. It didn't seem very deep. Perhaps the books are much better.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
southspain

Post by southspain »

I read a book and liked it, but I didn't like the movie.
proudbookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proudbookworm.html

Post by proudbookworm »

I have not seen the movie, but when I saw the trailer I was so disappointed that Emma's peculiarity was changed from fire to water. Plus with the whole mostly white cast, it has to be a no for me.
Ana Cua

Post by Ana Cua »

I read the first two books then I watched the movie. First, the movie was good enough but I still didn't like it because there are so many changes. That's why, my advise, if you don't want to be confused, i think you should not watch it but if you want then watch it.
Cheyennedement

Post by Cheyennedement »

I've only read the graphic novel but I really enjoyed the movie. I gotta read the books.
NOVELYN LAPON

Post by NOVELYN LAPON »

I've watched the movie and I love it
Megan Old
Bookshelf Size: 56

Post by Megan Old »

They changed two of the character's peculiarity so that was a no-no but Enoch was so adorable and it was a nice compensation.

However, it felt like the events were too fast-paced in the movie. But it's not really something I should complain about since the movie should always be approximately 2-hours long. I just wished they turned the book into a series rather than a movie

Return to “Films and Books”