Stranger Things - Book?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Doran
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Stranger Things - Book?

Post by Doran »

It's an amazing episode in Netflix, you all must watch it's all about helping one another and and a girl call eleven she has super power, and four friends save the world, till now they have made two seasons, y'll must watch.
Sarah Starling
Favorite Author: Alix E. Harrow
Favorite Book: Starling House
Currently Reading: Love and Other Words
Bookshelf Size: 10084
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-starling.html
Latest Review: Cell Biology For Babies by Dr. Haitham Ahmed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 176795

Post by Sarah Starling »

Allyseria wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 17:08 They've actually announced that they were going to publish a book soon! But it's not about the actual characters. It's a prequel that centers around Eleven's mother and her involvement with the MKUltra. Also, they said that the book will be graded as 'adult fiction', so we're probably going to see some dark situations in the book.

Although I'm a little sad that it's not about one of the kids, I still think it could be pretty interesting. Maybe we'll end up liking Eleven's mother in the same way we liked Eleven! I'm definitely going to look into it when it gets released.
I didn't hear this...now I'm super excited! I always wondered how Eleven got wrapped up into this and what truly happened to her mother!
Hollyrobb42
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollyrobb42.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Hollyrobb42 »

I love this show! I would love to read it in book form, although I do wonder what it would be like having seen the show first. I never usually watch many sci-fi shows but this just got me back into it.
“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library”
CatlynnHighlights
Currently Reading: Infinite Jest
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catlynnhighlights.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatlynnHighlights »

I absolutely love the show, I binged it in a week. I'm sure if a book came out I'd finish it equally as fast. I would just hope that it was a good adaptation.
zarah_
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zarah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by zarah_ »

I've watched season 1 and 2 multiple times since it came out and my first reaction was that it reminded me of Stephen King's novels.
juliamenez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliamenez.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by juliamenez »

I loved this series. If a book series came out for this, I would definitely put it at the top of my reading list!
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

I saw both the seasons , but not like it so much that i will reread it or read a book. It was ok, but not that good.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

I would be on board for reading a book! Dungeons and Dragons was a huge part of growing up, and I immediately connected with the show and it's references.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss

Return to “Films and Books”