Stranger Things - Book?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
smhawkins
Currently Reading: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smhawkins.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Icon Stranger Things - Book?

Post by smhawkins »

Has anyone seen the new Netflix series Stranger Things?

I definitely watched the whole series in 2 sittings. It's probably one of my favorite shows and I'm not even a huge fan of fantasy unless it's HP, LOTR, Narnia, or Star Wars.

Anywho, would love to know y'alls thoughts AND I wish there was a book somewhere I could read, but for you fantasy-lovers, is there anything similar to the show, in book form, that you think would be fun to read?

:eusa-think:
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
Olivia Harris
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-harris.html

Post by Olivia Harris »

IT'S THE GREATEST!!!! I heard that Eleven's outfit is the Number One costume this year for Halloween. I can't get enough of that show and am SO SAD we have to wait another year for the next one
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I haven't watched the series yet in all honesty, but everyone's been talking about it so much. Definitely want to check it out when I get some time because everyone's been talking about it being so amazing non-stop.

-- 09 Oct 2016, 23:53 --

Coming back to this forum to update and say that I watched Stranger Things not long ago and actually really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure if it would live up to the hype but I definitely think it did. it seems like it has potential to be a good book, if the right author were writing it.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
kileiah
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kileiah.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by kileiah »

I think the writers based the show on a lot of 80s science fiction, so I think that area would be a good place to start if you were looking for similar books to read. I remember being read books by Paul Jennings when I was younger that have a similar vibe. But wow what a show!
DB44
Currently Reading: Breaths in Winter
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-db44.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Reading Device: B00REQKWGA

Post by DB44 »

NosilaBenn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nosilabenn.html

Post by NosilaBenn »

If there was a book for Stranger Things, I can tell you that I would be on that so fast. I loved the series and I'm pretty sure that the not thing that would have made it better is that if it had been a book instead.
Damy13
Currently Reading: Yes please!
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damy13.html

Post by Damy13 »

I absolutely loved it. The kids are adorable. Cannot wait for the next season. I hope there is one.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I have not. We have enough channels on t.v. we don't need Netflix. I found they play mostly old shows and movies.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Jbondal
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbondal.html

Post by Jbondal »

After reading this , i am going on netlix and binge watching lol
anonymousit2016

Post by anonymousit2016 »

hi DB44

thank for your share
shalako
Currently Reading: Enter, night
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalako.html

Post by shalako »

Had a dream last night that I discovered a Stranger Things paperback from the 80s at a garage sale. Beautiful cover painting, creased cover, that old-book smell, and tons of extra details and scenes that added to the show. So disappointed when I woke up.
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

The netflix show as a throwback to Stephen King esque nostalgia, which I think was super cool, and the actors did an amazing job with it. I can't wait for the next season.
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I love this show. The second season was just as good as the first. Unfortunately, there are no books or I would definitely read them too.
Jovanahope9

Post by Jovanahope9 »

Yes! One of the best tv series I've ever seen! Looking forward to season 3 in 2019! And if it was a book I'm pretty sure I'd read it in like three days or something because the whole story it's really interesting and it's addictive. I've never seen such show like it and I really like it because it is unique and it's never boring. I believe if there was a book it would've been a bestsellers 100%
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

They've actually announced that they were going to publish a book soon! But it's not about the actual characters. It's a prequel that centers around Eleven's mother and her involvement with the MKUltra. Also, they said that the book will be graded as 'adult fiction', so we're probably going to see some dark situations in the book.

Although I'm a little sad that it's not about one of the kids, I still think it could be pretty interesting. Maybe we'll end up liking Eleven's mother in the same way we liked Eleven! I'm definitely going to look into it when it gets released.

Return to “Films and Books”