Me Before You Movie - Thoughts?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
amsula_2018
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amsula-2018.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Re: Me Before You Movie - Thoughts?

Post by amsula_2018 »

I didn't know it's based on the book until this thread. I loved the movie and it's very realistic. I actually appreciated the ending because it's so realistic. After actually watching it, i said to myself: finally a realistic ending!
"If you can't reduce your argument to a few crisp words and phrases,
there's something wrong with your argument." ~ M. Saatchi
Divyaanair520
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Divyaanair520 »

I honestly have to say I cried during the movie. First things first, his girlfriend shouldn't have left him just because he became paralysed. Moreover getting married to his own friend. Emilia Clarke in this movie was incredibly kind. She took care of him and even entertained him and took him places to take his mind off of things.
Honestly I don't agree that he had to choose euthanasia to heal his pain. It was very hurting when she was crying to him to change his mind but he was only focused on being free from the pain and setting Her free from living like this. He was sooo in love with her but he was also disappointed that he couldn't even move to kiss her. Even if Emilia Clarke was willing to take care of him, he didn't want to go thru with it.
The ending somehow was quite pleasant because it showed that she missed him but she was still taking things positive and moving on with him in her thoughts.
I really loved the movie😍❤️
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I hated the movie. It’s just depressing that through out the whole movie I’m watching their love story unfold & I was hoping that they would end up together in the end no matter the hardships but he doesn’t want to live any longer. I don’t ever want to watch this movie ever again & wouldn’t ever read the book.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I liked the movie more as a lot of details that I found unnecessary were cut out. The ending also looked more hopeful than the one in the book even though they were exactly same.
mani_123
Currently Reading: The Mystery Of Flight 2222
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by mani_123 »

The movie was beautiful. The actors have done justice with the characters. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions and romance. The end was very emotional. I haven't read the book yet but I am very keen to read the book as well as its sequel.
Ellie_D
Currently Reading: The Surgeon's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellie-d.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Ellie_D »

It is a very lovely movie, at the end i cried it was so emotional. I love Emilia Clarke, she is such a good actress.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by abbiejoice »

In my personal opinion, the book is not far from the movie. I love the movie more, however, because I get to see the scenes which I can only imagine from the book.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Atara Miles »

I loved both the movie and the book. I watched the movie first so everything wasn't put into perspective until later. As I didn't know a bunch of the details that went on in the book, I wasn't as disappointed and my tears were no less (probably even more, in fact) when I watched the movie.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I loved that movie, I didn't read the book though but I can vouch for the movie being quite decent and emotional.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
anitamills293
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anitamills293.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by anitamills293 »

I enjoyed both book and movie. I cried at the end. I am a huge fan and I'd like to see also the adaptations of sequels!
Astro1505
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astro1505.html
Latest Review: Amulet's Rapture by Linnea Tanner

Post by Astro1505 »

I actually watched the movie first and absolutely fell in love with it. After watching it, I knew I had to read the book. I admit, I am biased because I think Emilia Clarke is such a great actress but everyone I know really enjoyed the movie, even though it made most of them cry. The ending, where Emilia is in Paris is my favorite part.
Wangui07
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Wangui07 »

I loved the movie. It was very emotional for me at the end. I loved it!
shirleym89
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirleym89.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by shirleym89 »

The movie did justice to the book. It was wonderful. I deeply enjoyed it.
Lhammamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhammamy.html
Latest Review: Manasakd by Kelly May Andrews

Post by Lhammamy »

I loved the movie so much. Even when my friend actually told me about its ending.. I really cried for it. Although my biggest regret is not having the chance to read the novel, I read many books of Jojo Moyes and I am a huge fan of hers.
Chanet
Currently Reading: Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chanet.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Chanet »

I admit I have not read the book, Ive only watched the movie. I really liked the movie, although I was bummed out of the ending. Its a really good ending but I cant help to want them to end up together forever! I am interested in how the book is and the differences it has.

Return to “Films and Books”