Me Before You Movie - Thoughts?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Re: Me Before You Movie - Thoughts?

Post by N_R »

I didn't enjoy the movie - it tried to leave you feeling motivated and upbeat but it was just depressing.
Laureen Leonard
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Laureen Leonard »

The book was boldly explained I ddnt enjoy the movie at all..there is lots of this deducted,,,
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

I haven't read the book, but I didn't really enjoy the movie much. I don't think I can say that I enjoyed something that had such a depressing ending. Although I understand that this is a reality. Every story can't have a happy flowery ending.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Adepeju03
Currently Reading:

Post by Adepeju03 »

The movie makes me tear up. it was a beautiful love story with kind of a bad ending
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

I'm the type of person who cries a lot while watching or reading. And i have to say that i bawled my eyes out during the movie. Emilia Clarke is sooo expressive. I wouldn't give the movie a 10/10 but I did like it and enjoyed watching it.
heathershores

Post by heathershores »

I loved the book...till the end... I was so mad that I threw the book and didn't pick it back up for a week. I couldn't get past that even though he loved her, he still wanted to die... I was pissed. The movie made me cry my eyes out... I felt everything she felt... even though he had all these problems she still loved him... and then he goes and kills himself leaving her with the guilt and hurt and loss of him... made me mad.
swirlofink
Currently Reading: 'Rosie, Bara, Gerry & Tom'
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by swirlofink »

This was one of the few movies that I felt followed the book pretty well!! I remember I saw it with my mom and then we watched it again later on when we found it on TV. I was happy to see that it adapted well!
S_Mulla
Currently Reading: Tarnished
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-s-mulla.html
Latest Review: A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by S_Mulla »

I watched the movie before I read the book... And I enjoyed both very must, unlike most books that are made into movies, Me Before You actually kept the story line exciting and brought the characters alive.
sydneesimpson123

Post by sydneesimpson123 »

The book shows a much broader and in-depth look into Louisa's character. It perfectly shows you how she feels and what she thinks. Both the book and the movie were very emotional and moving. It's hard to watch or read it and not shed a tear. If you're not really into books, I think the movie would be better for you to see, and you are more than likely to get something from it. However, if you're a bookworm like myself then you know how a book can take you all kinds of places and bring you deeper into a character's perspective than a movie ever could. Either option is good, depending on your likes and dislikes. The plot is so good and isn't much changed in the movie adaptation.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

I agree with what you mean about the ending. They could have made it clear in the movie what made her decide to follow him to Switzerland. I like how true this book was in how this isn't a story of finding a cure for being a quadriplegic and how love can overcome everything. I would like to think that I would make the same decision that Will made in the end.
Princesses
Currently Reading: Sleeping With the Enemy
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Princesses »

The movie had it's moments but the book was waaaay better
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I guess a little too late (past due) to share in this thread. But love the question.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Jocelynaw2

Post by Jocelynaw2 »

I thought the movie was really good. Wasn't like most romantic movies where it's girl meets boy, happy ending, ect. It was different, a more realistic ending. :clap:
DATo
Previous Member of the Month

Post by DATo »

I thought the acting was good but didn't particularly like the story.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

Been wanting to see it (I know I'm super late on that) and appreciate all the comments about it!

Return to “Films and Books”