The 100 (Book or TV Series?)

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
arpi05
Currently Reading: Looking for Alaska
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arpi05.html

The 100 (Book or TV Series?)

Post by arpi05 »

I recently finished reading The 100 Trilogy and personally I am very disappointed. The books are very well written and there's definitely a lot more Bellarke in it (as compared to the TV Series :P ). The books were more of an adventurous survival story of kids filled with romance.

The TV show, however, is a pure gem. All the characters are very well written. The show doesn't portray all of them as born leaders since the beginning. They're shown growing and developing with each passing situation. Characters like Finn, Raven, Abby( and many more) which are a huge part of the TV Show don't even exist in the books.

The plot of all the three books is amazing, the trilogy is a great read but, I feel the TV series adaption is far more better than the books.

For someone who has neither read the books nor watched the show, I recommend you to read the books first. :lol:
Vivisbooks
Currently Reading: Shadow Kiss
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivisbooks.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Vivisbooks »

I love the TV show. I dont think the trilogy even compairs. Although I do wish they would expand the relationship between Belamy and Clark a bit more in the show
ramydul11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 263

Post by ramydul11 »

I haven't actually read the books, but I love the TV show. However I am a bit disappointed that Bellarke isn't canon, even though in the books they are more than friends. Overall it's a great TV show and I enjoy watching all the characters( I also like Raven, Abby, Kane).
Bookaholic_Anonymous
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic-anonymous.html

Post by Bookaholic_Anonymous »

I have to be honest, I stopped watching the show after season two because I felt that it was so drastically different from the books. I like the books, I'm a huge Bellarke fan and don't appreciate the writers and producers taking the liberty to not go with some of the significant and minor plot and characterization from the books.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I randomly watched the first season of this show last year and I really didn't know much about it. It wasn't popular back then and I barely knew what it was about. After watching that first season, it's a pretty good show but I just decided to not finish the show. I never really knew there were books for the series though, and they seem like they might be super cool.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
escapingreality
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by escapingreality »

The 100 is one of my favorite TV shows, but sadly I've never read the books (I'm a Bellarke fan as well.) I hope to one day. It's always in the back of my mind, but I get so focused on the show it's like I forget where it came from.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

I have never heard of the book nor the t.v. show it is always disappointing when it doesn't turn out quite like you would hope
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
GerganaIvanova_7
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by GerganaIvanova_7 »

The show have more interesting characters like Raven, Abby and Marcus, but its missing the beautiful love story between Clarke and Bellamy :)
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

I have not finished reading the whole series, but based on what I've read so far, the books focus more on the romance while the TV show focuses on the action and survival aspect of the story. I wish, however, that the show would have Clarke and Bellamy together already! It's been four seasons and nothing has happened between them.
ayoomisope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayoomisope.html
Latest Review: Absolute Truth by Joab Russo

Post by ayoomisope »

The TV show is incredible. Almost all of the actors have represent their roles outstandingly. However, I haven't read the books.
“Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers.”
― Charles William Eliot
sush_destiny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sush-destiny.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by sush_destiny »

Bookaholic_Anonymous wrote: 31 Aug 2016, 22:28 I have to be honest, I stopped watching the show after season two because I felt that it was so drastically different from the books. I like the books, I'm a huge Bellarke fan and don't appreciate the writers and producers taking the liberty to not go with some of the significant and minor plot and characterization from the books.
Me too! Couldn't watch anymore after the second season. Love the books though.
tj doxa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by tj doxa »

I can watch the 100 over and over again it really makes me feel comfortable at my free time.
starkpages
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 316
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starkpages.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by starkpages »

Still haven't read the books but I agree that it is a great TV show. The writing, characters, and the plot is so brilliant. Hoping to catch up Season 5 soon.
Letora
Favorite Book: Wicked Saints
Currently Reading: the air between
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-letora.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Letora »

The books might keep my attention more. I couldn't keep up with the show. I hate that everything always goes wrong. I was burnt out by season 3 and stopped watching.
"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope." - Dr. Seuss
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I watched the show before I read the first book so I found it hard to read since the characters didn’t really line up the same. I think that clouded my judgement on the book and I never read the rest.

Return to “Films and Books”