Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children movie

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Re: Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children movie

Post by Genaaa » 02 Oct 2016, 19:41

I watched it yesterday and it definitely wasn't bad. Obviously, it can't even come close to the book because there's only so much you can fit into the short time the movie has. However, it was pretty good considering the circumstances even though they changed a few things.

Sakilunamermaid
2018 Reading Goal: 52
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 23
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 162

Post by Sakilunamermaid » 22 Mar 2018, 02:32

Seeing this movie made me want to read the book. I love the idea of gifted/ peculiar children hiding in time from an unseen evil. Its a very original theme and I honestly didn't know of the book until the movie had come out.

Mely918
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: Afraid to cry by Maryse Augustin

Post by Mely918 » 01 Jun 2018, 23:08

I really did not like the movie adaptation of this at all. It did not justice to how captivating reading the book was, in my opinion. I think part of the experience was also the black-and-white photography used in the book. It gave it an antique quality to it that the movie did not provide from being too modern.

Aubrey Cana Laine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-cana-laine.html
Latest Review: The Abduction Chronicles by Thomas L. Hay

Post by Aubrey Cana Laine » 20 Jun 2018, 11:21

I've already watched the movie "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" and I found it quite boring I guess... I haven't read the book yet... maybe the book is amazing but the movie itself is quite dreary for my taste.

Riszell
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Riszell » 30 Jun 2018, 04:28

Elle Reve wrote:
14 Jul 2016, 12:00
hello everyone!!

So I have been reading the Miss Peregrine's and so far there are quite captivating. I have also heard about its' movie. Being the type of girl who will always choose a book over a movie, please do let me know what you guys think about the characters and how well they have been played and displayed. I do hope the movie is 70 percent of the book because I do enjoy a good movie!!

xxx
I haven't read the book yet but I've seen the movie and thought it was good.

Philosophicalbread1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Philosophicalbread1 » 10 Jul 2018, 22:17

The movie was ok. But they did switch some of the powers of the characters. I’m not gonna say who as I’ve already spilled a bit of a spoiler.

Hallsword
Favorite Book: The 11.05 Murders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hallsword.html
Latest Review: The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Hallsword » 11 Jul 2018, 08:30

I have read all the Miss Peregrine series and found them wonderful. I do not normally read books such as these but my son and I used them as something to do and discuss together. I did enjoy the movie but went in to it knowing that, for me, a movie never does a book justice.

Return to “Films and Books”