What movies are you looking forward to seeing?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Damien Esther
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What movies are you looking forward to seeing?

Post by Damien Esther »

Rampage by the rock
Cordell526

Post by Cordell526 »

So looking forward to captain marvel movie. Just watched the new avengers and it was great!
Asen Stoyanchev
Favorite Book: Demon Freaks
Currently Reading: Sigrfried's Smelly Socks
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asen-stoyanchev.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Asen Stoyanchev »

Since I am a keen fan of Dan Simmon's 'Terror' I can't wait to see the book adaptation. I feel pumped because the reviews are quite positive already.
“Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
Nazapeace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Nazapeace »

I am looking forward to watching Avengers Infinity and Rampage
Pollyanna29+

Post by Pollyanna29+ »

Im really looking forward to “All That Heaven Allows”. Jane Wyman, Rock Hudson, Agnes Moorehead.
Its always a pleasure to watch this movie, no matter how many times i watch this movie, i am equally as inspired.
As an older widow, Jane Wyman is the member of the social click, the Country Club crowd.
As she has been a widow for a year or longer. Every now and then her husband’s old friend takes her out occasionally to the Country Club where the same crowd gathers weekly to “gossip” and judge others as they wine, dine and dress to the hilt all for the sake of competition with one another.
The small town can’t accept the fact their prescious Carrie has become friendly with her gardener, Ron Kirby, fifteen years younger.
The soscial class sifference in addition to the age difference becomes the town scandal.
She has two grown children in college, they are disapointed because hes a gardener and they believe him to be after her money, poor and not respecting their Fathers memory.
Ron’s motto in life is : be true to thine ownself, he has no need for their approval or the need to fit in.
I enjoy his easiness and how he never gives in to conform to anyone, he remains true to himself.
Its a wonderful delight to watch and learn of small town life and the values of not keeping up with The Jones’s and be true to yourself.
I believe its from 1958, but i adore movies from that era.
I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy All That Heaven Allows and add it to your movie library soon.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Avengers, Infinity war
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Pollyanna29+ wrote: 05 May 2018, 19:39 Im really looking forward to “All That Heaven Allows”. Jane Wyman, Rock Hudson, Agnes Moorehead.
Its always a pleasure to watch this movie, no matter how many times i watch this movie, i am equally as inspired.
As an older widow, Jane Wyman is the member of the social click, the Country Club crowd.
As she has been a widow for a year or longer. Every now and then her husband’s old friend takes her out occasionally to the Country Club where the same crowd gathers weekly to “gossip” and judge others as they wine, dine and dress to the hilt all for the sake of competition with one another.
The small town can’t accept the fact their prescious Carrie has become friendly with her gardener, Ron Kirby, fifteen years younger.
The soscial class sifference in addition to the age difference becomes the town scandal.
She has two grown children in college, they are disapointed because hes a gardener and they believe him to be after her money, poor and not respecting their Fathers memory.
Ron’s motto in life is : be true to thine ownself, he has no need for their approval or the need to fit in.
I enjoy his easiness and how he never gives in to conform to anyone, he remains true to himself.
Its a wonderful delight to watch and learn of small town life and the values of not keeping up with The Jones’s and be true to yourself.
I believe its from 1958, but i adore movies from that era.
I hope you have the opportunity to enjoy All That Heaven Allows and add it to your movie library soon.
I love movies from then, too! I'll be checking this out. :)
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

I'd like to read the book first, but I'm looking forward to Chesil Beach.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

:D :( :( I am really looking forward to seeing avenger's infinity but I the same time, I want to take my take for reasons I am not sure about.
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

I am so looking forward to the next Avengers movie. What will Captain Marvel do???
asp132thedream

Post by asp132thedream »

The new Marvel movie seems very interesting. I am very much looking forward to seeing it sometime.
FilmStar
Currently Reading: Rich and Pretty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-filmstar.html
Latest Review: My Author Is Dead by Michel Bruneau
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by FilmStar »

• Adrift
  • The Incredibles 2
  • A Quiet Place
gkgurley
Favorite Book: The Two Towers
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkgurley.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by gkgurley »

I can't wait to see Ocean's 8! The variety in terms of actresses is amazing. Each of them are so different in terms of personality and types of projects they pursue, and I think that reflects the Ocean movies brand. It's going to be great.
scratchcat318
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scratchcat318.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by scratchcat318 »

I'm planning on going out and seeing Solo: A Star Wars Story very soon. I've been hearing very mixed reviews about the movie, so I wanted to see it for myself and form my own opinion.

Also, Incredibles 2!!! I am both very excited and very scared for this movie. I'm praying that it's as great as the hype has built it up to be.
Lolababs94
Favorite Author: Mariana Zapata
Favorite Book: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolababs94.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 11762

Post by Lolababs94 »

Damien Esther wrote: 01 May 2018, 13:09 Rampage by the rock
Yes! I am really looking forward to this movie! Then again, I love most of the movies starring The Rock :lol:

Return to “Films and Books”