Book Elena or Tv Elena Gilbert?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphne-asir.html
Latest Review: WALK TALL - create your own self-confidence by Ki Is Your Host

Re: Book Elena or Tv Elena Gilbert?

Post by daphne_asir »

ijeoma ugorji wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 03:50 I haven't read the book but TV Elena was great n she took me by surprise when she fell in with demon which was totally awesome cos demon be in love made him a better person.
The story was do beautifully developed. I loved their whole relationship and story!
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

klbradley wrote: 04 Aug 2016, 13:07 I prefer t.v. Elena, for all the above said reasons listed. I actually watched the show before reading the books, and I couldn't get very far in to them because of how much I disliked Elena's character.
I felt the same way! Besides in the book the story was very different too. I just decided to stick with the TV show.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality.
Shirley Jackson
daphne_asir
Currently Reading:

Post by daphne_asir »

Morgan Jones wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 21:44 TV Elena Gilbert definitely has more character and wit I love her!
I agree that she was completely amazing! She was one of my favourite characters.
Shirley Jackson
Topsey
Currently Reading: Something Wicked This Way Comes
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topsey.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Topsey »

I didn’t like Elena’s character in the tv series. I think she was portrayed as very weak and almost like Bella from Twilight. But I love the tv series as a whole so I could overlook it.
kylewanner57
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kylewanner57.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by kylewanner57 »

I started reading the books and I really didn't like them. Book Elena was stuck up and full of herself, and I had already watched the show, so I just couldn't imagine the same characters. I think if I decide to try and read them again I would have to look at it as reading a story where I imagine different characters then the show. It's just hard. I prefer the show Elena.
MilaThegoddess
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-milathegoddess.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by MilaThegoddess »

I have never read the books before but I personally loved the series version of Elena. She was perfectly cast for the role and she brought us our favorite doppelgänger, Katherine aka KATERINA :mrgreen:
Katie-209
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Katie-209 »

I have seen every season and read all of the books of The Vampire Diaries, personally I prefer the Tv Elena over the book version. Book Elena seems stuck up and didn't really care about anyone but herself. Tv Elena was kind and caring, but she was strong and could stand up for herself.
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

TV Elena! Though I haven't read the book, what all of you are saying just justifies my love for how Nina Dobrev acted with her character. TV Elena is one of my favorite TV characters.
Imperio
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imperio.html
Latest Review: A Talk with God, published book, Amazon by Lisa Mullins

Post by Imperio »

TV Elena over Book Elena, for sure. I don't usually like movie characters over book characters because book characters are generally so much more developed. For the Vampire Diaries, though, the actress for TV Elena acted remarkably and I liked the character so much more than Book Elena. I mean, just look at the first episode of the first season. TV Elena is actually sympathetic and acts like a normal teenage girl who just lost both of her parents.
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

I haven't read the book but I can guarantee Elena Gilbert of books is better than the series Elena Gilbert cause she could not be worse than the series
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
lovely_love
Currently Reading: The Rose and the Dagger
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by lovely_love »

Haven’t fully seen the series but I would always choose the books even though the series have a nice plot as well. Show Elena was always after Stefan or Damon kinda like a damsel in distress. While book Elena kicked ass. She was kinda bitchy and selfish in the first book but that changed after she turned into a vamp in book 2. She became loyal and fierce.
lovely_love
Currently Reading: The Rose and the Dagger
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by lovely_love »

lovely_love wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 13:12 Haven’t fully seen the series but I would always choose the books even though the series have a nice plot as well. Show Elena was always after Stefan or Damon kinda like a damsel in distress. While book Elena kicked ass. She was kinda mean and selfish in the first book but that changed after she turned into a vamp in book 2. She became loyal and fierce.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

Reagan93 wrote: 01 Jul 2016, 22:25 I'm curious to see which Elena in The Vampire Diaries people prefer since they are so different.
I do not know which one I prefer, but i know the one I do not. that is the elena that Stephan fell in love with. That teenager with a brain of mashed potatotes. she was beyond annoying and I was glad when she disappeared off the screen towards the end of the series. Please, i do not hate the actor, just the character.
Kaylyn_Marie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Eater of Gods
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylyn-marie.html
Latest Review: H.O.E Hustle Over Everything by Samantha Camel
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Kaylyn_Marie »

I personally liked TV Elena better than the book Elena. TV Elena was more compassionate, understanding, and girl-next-door, I found her to be more relatable.
~The Tatted Reader :reading-3:
David Milaham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-milaham.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by David Milaham »

I think I'm fine with both of them. It's hard for me to decide what's best with things like this sometimes, and I guess I just don't care.

Return to “Films and Books”