Book Elena or Tv Elena Gilbert?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Reagan93
Currently Reading: Memoirs of a Geisha
Bookshelf Size: 14

Book Elena or Tv Elena Gilbert?

Post by Reagan93 »

I'm curious to see which Elena in The Vampire Diaries people prefer since they are so different.
K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

I honestly havent read the book, so i do not know exactly how book Elena is, but I loved Elena Gilbert very much. I have completely missed the episodes of TVD since Elena Gilbert's character was dead or say completely lost interest. I am not sure if she is going to be back on the series. Lemme know!
weeh84
Currently Reading: Paradise Lost
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-weeh84.html
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by weeh84 »

Ah, two vastly different Elenas. Book Elena is such a little brat in the beginning. She really had the personality and look of TV Caroline. She did evolve in her personality a bit as the series went on.
TV Elena has more compassion and was honest, faithful, and loving. I believe TV Elena makes for better ratings ...someone who hasn't read the book would most likely have really hated Elena in the show had they used the books persona.
TV Elena all the way...but book Damon is spot on ;)

-- 03 Aug 2016, 19:48 --
K_Kaori wrote:I honestly havent read the book, so i do not know exactly how book Elena is, but I loved Elena Gilbert very much. I have completely missed the episodes of TVD since Elena Gilbert's character was dead or say completely lost interest. I am not sure if she is going to be back on the series. Lemme know!
This upcoming season is the final in the series, and Elena will be back to close it out. If I were you, definitely recap what you missed because you'll be lost, and watch season 8 for a proper goodbye :)
Latest Review: "Crumbling Walls" by Laura Strandt
K_Kaori
Currently Reading: The Saltwater Ghost
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-kaori.html

Post by K_Kaori »

weeh84 wrote:Ah, two vastly different Elenas. Book Elena is such a little brat in the beginning. She really had the personality and look of TV Caroline. She did evolve in her personality a bit as the series went on.
TV Elena has more compassion and was honest, faithful, and loving. I believe TV Elena makes for better ratings ...someone who hasn't read the book would most likely have really hated Elena in the show had they used the books persona.
TV Elena all the way...but book Damon is spot on ;)

-- 03 Aug 2016, 19:48 --
K_Kaori wrote:I honestly havent read the book, so i do not know exactly how book Elena is, but I loved Elena Gilbert very much. I have completely missed the episodes of TVD since Elena Gilbert's character was dead or say completely lost interest. I am not sure if she is going to be back on the series. Lemme know!
This upcoming season is the final in the series, and Elena will be back to close it out. If I were you, definitely recap what you missed because you'll be lost, and watch season 8 for a proper goodbye :)
I shall! :D Thankyou! :wink2:
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Like it has already been said, TV Elena and book Elena are a lot different. I for one prefer TV Elena and I think the majority of people would because book Elena was basically a stereotypical popular/mean girl in the beginning who was hard to like. While Elena on TV is one of the nicest, if not THE nicest character on the show. :P
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I prefer t.v. Elena, for all the above said reasons listed. I actually watched the show before reading the books, and I couldn't get very far in to them because of how much I disliked Elena's character.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
fsdred
Favorite Author: Rainbow Rowell
Currently Reading: Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fsdred.html
fav_author_id: 2837

Post by fsdred »

Honestly I found tv elena to be kind of annoying compared to book elena. I know book elena was a brat at the start, I felt she was the better one.
Mack3224
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mack3224.html

Post by Mack3224 »

Both Elenas were awful in my opinion. TV Elena was always crying and seemed to only care about herself. She treated her friends like crap and yet still had two, hot brothers chasing her. Sometimes I wondered if they were only interested in her for her looks. Then there's book Elena. She wasn't much better. She was the most popular girl in school and she got the hottest, most sought after guy. What message does that send to readers? That Elena was perect. She was always depicted as so flawless that it got on my nerves.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

fsdred wrote:Honestly I found tv elena to be kind of annoying compared to book elena. I know book elena was a brat at the start, I felt she was the better one.
I think TV Elena only started to get annoying after she started liking Damon. Almost all her decisions after that were selfish and it started to be hard to stay on her side.
BookLover2280
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=2735">To Kill a Mockingbird</a>
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades Darker
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover2280.html
Latest Review: "Magick & Moonlight" by Marie Lavender
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BookLover2280 »

I just started reading the series, but have been a a fan of the tv series from the start. I prefer tv Elena she seems more compassionate and less self centered. In my opinion.
Latest Review: "Magick & Moonlight" by Marie Lavender
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

I rally like TV Elena Gilbert and I miss her so bad :( I don't know about book Elena as I haven't read the books but the comments above made me interested in reading the series.
ramydul11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 263

Post by ramydul11 »

I like TV Elena Gilbert more
Bookaholic_Anonymous
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic-anonymous.html

Post by Bookaholic_Anonymous »

Absolutely hate book Elena, she's definitely not the kind-hearted or nice character that she's more portrayed as in the show. However, once TV Elena became a vampire I feel that her whole character went downhill. TV Elena was better off staying human in the show in my opinion.

-- 31 Aug 2016, 22:26 --
lily_kh87 wrote:I rally like TV Elena Gilbert and I miss her so bad :( I don't know about book Elena as I haven't read the books but the comments above made me interested in reading the series.
I read the first two books in the series and wasn't that impressed or interested enough to continue, the show is much better. I wouldn't waste my time reading the books, they're different from the show from characterization to some plot lines! :?
lolashoes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolashoes.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by lolashoes »

I haven't read the book but I've seen the show, and i think TV Elena is just fine, plus she has a large following so she must have met the fans' expectations.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I've actually never gotten around to reading the book versions so I'm actually kind of curious what the differences between the two are. I did absolutely love the show, but if the books are better than the show(because they usually are), then the books are most likely incredible.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Return to “Films and Books”