Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 15:01
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjdominque.html
I try not to compare book characters with their film counterparts. I try to view them as two completely separate things otherwise I would constantly be infuriated by the mistakes that the directors make when casting the actors to portray my favourite fictional characters.
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 27 Apr 2018, 21:25
- Favorite Author: James Patterson
- Currently Reading: Dues
- Bookshelf Size: 123
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
- Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
- fav_author_id: 3251
Mack3224 wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2016, 11:41
Both Elenas were awful in my opinion. TV Elena was always crying and seemed to only care about herself. She treated her friends like crap and yet still had two, hot brothers chasing her. Sometimes I wondered if they were only interested in her for her looks. Then there's book Elena. She wasn't much better. She was the most popular girl in school and she got the hottest, most sought after guy. What message does that send to readers? That Elena was perect. She was always depicted as so flawless that it got on my nerves.
My opinion exactly. I haven't read the books but the tv Elena is very annoying. When she was human she was depleted as weak and she always required rescuing. She became a vampire and the same thing kept happening. She is very selfish and likes to play the victim. I wonder why she had loyal friends.
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 16 Apr 2016, 12:24
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 134
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
- Latest Review: Of Free Will And Providence by Chip Byers
TV Elena Gilbert definitely has more character and wit I love her!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 08 May 2017, 01:18
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 362
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
- Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater
I have read the book and seen a few episodes. I can't help but visualize a different face when I was reading the book.
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 14:44
- Favorite Book: Moon Called
- Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
- Bookshelf Size: 802
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
- Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista
I haven’t read the books yet but I would probably say Tv Elena her character was so loving and compassionate, she could be confused & make mistakes which just made her more real. I also can’t picture anyone but Nina Dobrev as Elena and Ian Somerholder as Damon. They went great together on the show & their acting really brought out the emotions/conflicts of the characters.
- Posts: 359
- Joined: 25 Aug 2018, 08:54
- Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
- Bookshelf Size: 104
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cher432.html
- Latest Review: Dawn of Hope by Dobrin Kostadinov
TV Elena came of as really selfish to me as the seasons progressed. I don't know much about book Elena but if she was as annoying as TV Elena who always needed saving, then I don't like either of them.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 18 Sep 2018, 03:31
- Bookshelf Size: 0
I haven't read the book but TV Elena was great n she took me by surprise when she fell in with demon which was totally awesome cos demon be in love made him a better person.
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 02 Nov 2018, 03:33
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 16
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lara-haelterman.html
- Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
I haven't read the books. I didn't like the tv series so I didn't think I would enjoy the books.