Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 15:01
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjdominque.html
I try not to compare book characters with their film counterparts. I try to view them as two completely separate things otherwise I would constantly be infuriated by the mistakes that the directors make when casting the actors to portray my favourite fictional characters.
- Posts: 359
- Joined: 27 Apr 2018, 21:25
- Favorite Author: James Patterson
- Currently Reading: Your Signal is Charley
- Bookshelf Size: 100
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
- Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
- fav_author_id: 3251
Mack3224 wrote: ↑
09 Aug 2016, 11:41
Both Elenas were awful in my opinion. TV Elena was always crying and seemed to only care about herself. She treated her friends like crap and yet still had two, hot brothers chasing her. Sometimes I wondered if they were only interested in her for her looks. Then there's book Elena. She wasn't much better. She was the most popular girl in school and she got the hottest, most sought after guy. What message does that send to readers? That Elena was perect. She was always depicted as so flawless that it got on my nerves.
My opinion exactly. I haven't read the books but the tv Elena is very annoying. When she was human she was depleted as weak and she always required rescuing. She became a vampire and the same thing kept happening. She is very selfish and likes to play the victim. I wonder why she had loyal friends.
- Posts: 262
- Joined: 16 Apr 2016, 12:24
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 9
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 68
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
- Latest Review: When Time Stands Still by Sara Furlong Burr
TV Elena Gilbert definitely has more character and wit I love her!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
- Posts: 260
- Joined: 08 May 2017, 01:18
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 350
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
- Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing
I have read the book and seen a few episodes. I can't help but visualize a different face when I was reading the book.