Book Elena or Tv Elena Gilbert?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Kjdominque
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjdominque.html

Re: Book Elena or Tv Elena Gilbert?

Post by Kjdominque » 13 Sep 2016, 15:49

I try not to compare book characters with their film counterparts. I try to view them as two completely separate things otherwise I would constantly be infuriated by the mistakes that the directors make when casting the actors to portray my favourite fictional characters.

nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy » 12 May 2018, 13:09

Mack3224 wrote:
09 Aug 2016, 11:41
Both Elenas were awful in my opinion. TV Elena was always crying and seemed to only care about herself. She treated her friends like crap and yet still had two, hot brothers chasing her. Sometimes I wondered if they were only interested in her for her looks. Then there's book Elena. She wasn't much better. She was the most popular girl in school and she got the hottest, most sought after guy. What message does that send to readers? That Elena was perect. She was always depicted as so flawless that it got on my nerves.
My opinion exactly. I haven't read the books but the tv Elena is very annoying. When she was human she was depleted as weak and she always required rescuing. She became a vampire and the same thing kept happening. She is very selfish and likes to play the victim. I wonder why she had loyal friends.

Morgan Jones
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Of Free Will And Providence by Chip Byers

Post by Morgan Jones » 14 Jun 2018, 21:44

TV Elena Gilbert definitely has more character and wit I love her!
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon

Riszell
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 362
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell » 30 Jun 2018, 04:35

I have read the book and seen a few episodes. I can't help but visualize a different face when I was reading the book.

ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 802
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by ObsessedBookNerd » 23 Aug 2018, 11:08

I haven’t read the books yet but I would probably say Tv Elena her character was so loving and compassionate, she could be confused & make mistakes which just made her more real. I also can’t picture anyone but Nina Dobrev as Elena and Ian Somerholder as Damon. They went great together on the show & their acting really brought out the emotions/conflicts of the characters.

Cher432
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cher432.html
Latest Review: Dawn of Hope by Dobrin Kostadinov

Post by Cher432 » 26 Aug 2018, 01:53

TV Elena came of as really selfish to me as the seasons progressed. I don't know much about book Elena but if she was as annoying as TV Elena who always needed saving, then I don't like either of them.

ijeoma ugorji
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ijeoma ugorji » 18 Sep 2018, 03:50

I haven't read the book but TV Elena was great n she took me by surprise when she fell in with demon which was totally awesome cos demon be in love made him a better person.

lara_haelterman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lara-haelterman.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by lara_haelterman » 22 Nov 2018, 12:29

I haven't read the books. I didn't like the tv series so I didn't think I would enjoy the books.

Return to “Films and Books”