Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix

Post by Ohna Martin »

I have watched this movie so many times I cannot even count it. Last night while watching Lucius and Harry fight over the prophecy I wandered for the first time, would it have made a difference if Voldemort actually succeeded and listened to it. The prophecy states that Voldemort would mark a wizard as is equal. Check that it was already done. It also stated that neither could live while the other survives. Voldemort has been trying to get to Harry since he was a baby and failed to take his life every time. So the prophecy would not have made a difference there. It also states that Harry would have power Voldemort would never have, as I understand it that was the protection given to him by his mother who died for him when he was a baby, she gave her ultimate love/sacrifice. Voldemort never knew love and I do not think that he would after listening to the prophecy suddenly begin to love everyone around him, that was a concept he never understood. So would it really have made a difference if Voldemort had gotten the prophecy?
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Oh Lord, I never though I would hear someone talk about Harry Potter since the time I was eleven. I read that book such a long time ago. To answer your question, I think it would've made a tiny difference if Voldemort knew the prophecy. He knew that Harry retained part of his powers because Harry was a horcrux. I mean, Voldemort didn't know that Harry was a horcrux, but he may have figured it out somehow if he was a bit smarter. Knowing about the prophecy earlier would've probably made Voldemort die earlier and the whole story would've had a shorter ending.
Demilade_001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-demilade-001.html
Latest Review: Agatha the Beloved Queen by Fred Pilcher

Post by Demilade_001 »

I don't think it would have mattered of You-know-who had gotten the prophecy. Love is something Voldemort is not capable of doing, he doesn't mind killing or punishing his most loyal servants anytime they make mistakes. A man that is capable of splitting his soul into seven parts is not capable of loving anybody
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

It's been so long since I saw the movie. I think it would have made a difference if Voldemort had heard of the prophecy. He would have been able to plan around it.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I think he just wanted to understand the prophecy, so he could work out how to fight against it.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

I don’t think it would have make any difference. The part that could have changed something is the fact that only way for Voldemort to die was, actually, killing Harry. But, being as he is, he would have never understood that as he would not have paid it the proper attention.
Donald Donaldson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-donaldson.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Donald Donaldson »

Ohna Martin wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 01:13 I have watched this movie so many times I cannot even count it. Last night while watching Lucius and Harry fight over the prophecy I wandered for the first time, would it have made a difference if Voldemort actually succeeded and listened to it. The prophecy states that Voldemort would mark a wizard as is equal. Check that it was already done. It also stated that neither could live while the other survives. Voldemort has been trying to get to Harry since he was a baby and failed to take his life every time. So the prophecy would not have made a difference there. It also states that Harry would have power Voldemort would never have, as I understand it that was the protection given to him by his mother who died for him when he was a baby, she gave her ultimate love/sacrifice. Voldemort never knew love and I do not think that he would after listening to the prophecy suddenly begin to love everyone around him, that was a concept he never understood. So would it really have made a difference if Voldemort had gotten the prophecy?
I do not think it would have. I honestly do not. I cannot explain why because i do not know how to put it into words, but i do not think voldermot getting the prophecy would have made any significant difference.

Return to “Films and Books”