DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF MOVIES YOU SEE?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Re: DO YOU KEEP TRACK OF MOVIES YOU SEE?

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I keep track of the books I read because sometimes I forget a book that I've read a lot time ago and then it narrows down the search when I want to find it again. I've never thought of keeping track of the movies I've seen, it seems like it would be a hassle. :P Plus there are apps and stuff to make it easier to keep track of the books you've read but I haven't heard of anything to keep track of movies.
Denise16
Currently Reading: Somebody Love Me
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Denise16 »

Well, there are ones I have are written down, that I own, but not necessarily the ones I just watch on TV.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

I don't track movies, because I really watch any. Therefore, I can't forget the handful that I've seen.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

No but I should......... can't tell you how many times I've started a movie and then realized that I've already seen it (and it's not worth a second viewing).
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I'm not much of a movie or tv watcher, so I don't keep any kind of record of what I've watched.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
ajd009
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ajd009 »

I do keep track of movies I see, plus I have a list of movies that I would like to see. I keep track of both lists just so I can remember what I have seen or to not forget about what I haven't seen. I do keep a 1-5 rating for the films I have watched, but I figure if I left comments or commentary and then died tomorrow, my family would think I am one anal nutbag. It wouldn't take just these 2 lists for them to think that anyway, so I don't want to add fuel to their fire. LOL
Amh73090
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amh73090.html
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd

Post by Amh73090 »

I don't record the movies I've watched. I do however read a lot and don't really like to reread. Therefore I've recently started a list of every book I've read and marking them as a must reread, never again, and maybes.
Latest Review: "Another-Blended Not Shaken" by Sherrie L. Todd
Always reading89

Post by Always reading89 »

I keep my tickets from movies. I have them in a box in my room. I try to keep as many as I can but sometimes the trash can sees them before I do. However I have tickets from as far back as 2008. I plan on starting a journal in Sep to keep track of them.
ramydul11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 263

Post by ramydul11 »

I wish. I can't remember how many I've watched. However, I know in detail every movie that I highly enjoyed.
Rohit Dhanraj
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohit-dhanraj.html

Post by Rohit Dhanraj »

Not really.But I am very fond of movies.Its just in my head which movies I saw and I'm always aware of new movies coming. :tiphat:
Tollensa 25
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tollensa 25 »

I do. I also like to torture myself a little and watch movies I didn't like or understand at least twice. Everyone deserves a second chance right?
The movie I forced myself to watch few times already is "The Congress" with an amazing Robyn Wright (based - by the way - on the book written by polish writer Stanislaw Lem " The Futurological Congress"). Very promising beginning after which I got completely lost... What happened? Did a miss something important? I just don't get it....But its very possible am just not intellectually suit for this kind of cinema....
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

I don't but this actually sounds like such a great idea. Like I'm actually considering this now as I really do love movies. Thanks for bringing this up, it's a great idea!
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

That's not really my thing, keeping a list of stuff I do unless they're really really important. I watch movies just for the enjoyment, so no need for me to write it down. But maybe my mind keeps track of it for me so I can answer some particular questions.
Aleah
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleah.html

Post by Aleah »

I don't watch many movies, so you'd think I'd remember the ones I have watched but unfortunately that is not the case. I find books much more memorable! I don't keep track of books nor movies I've read and seen.
kimmiwrites
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmiwrites.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by kimmiwrites »

I love movies! But no I don't keep track of what I've seen, that would be a lot of work!
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Return to “Films and Books”