La La Land

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

La La Land

Post by Wesusa »

I saw La La Land pretty recently. For a time it was super hyped up, which led to a subsequent backlash for really minute details. I thought it was amazing. I wouldn't consider it a masterpiece in any form, but I thought it was a really well-made film. The finale is a cavalcade of music and emotions, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. I see next to no talk about this film anymore, so for those who have seen it, what do you think?
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Barbara Vertein
Currently Reading: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbara-vertein.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Barbara Vertein »

I have gone back and forth watching it for these very reasons! It was so hyped and then suddenly so negatively hyped. Sounds like it is worth the time, so I will put it back on my list.
Barbara :tiphat:
Avid consumer of books since I could read and staunch supporter of libraries
floydspringer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by floydspringer »

Very imaginative take on a musical, with nice sets, and in one scene a floor that sparkle blue like they were walking on water. And money well spent on music and musicians. (It helps if you like jazz, I only like old time jazz, but liked all the music in the movie)
Still I found it too lack much of a plot, a love story interwoven with "Do you know the way to San Jose", except the stars find success in the end. The ending was a tear jerk-er for me a bit of Splendor in the Grass, plus for some reason I started thinking of recently departed sister.
keith1fletcher
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by keith1fletcher »

It was so hyped and then suddenly so negatively hyped. Sounds like it is worth the time, so I will put it back on my list.
I don't know. I was under the impression the film is too hyped in a positive way. I found it a bit overrated though I like this movie in general, and casting especially!

paperwritingservice.vip
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Post by mohamed benziane »

It was the worste movie that got into the box office for me it was terrible, no meaning what so ever, in my opinion
Kajol Dadhania
Favorite Book: Open Water
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajol-dadhania.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kajol Dadhania »

What a waste of time!
Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment, we introduced ourselves?
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

It was soo hyped that it made me curious. I watched it, it was nice and that's it. The hype it got was unreal. The soundtrack was amazing though. It was a nice musical movie but oscar worthy, I am not sure.
Susan Gibbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-gibbs.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Susan Gibbs »

I thought it was an enjoyable movie. The actors did a really good job in my opinion. I thought the ending was a bit sad and unexpected. I thought the characters would end up together. It wasn't the most memorable movie but it was still pleasant.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Films and Books”