how many of you all would like to see someone go through the similarities and differences between books vs film?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Lady-of-Literature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-of-literature.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

how many of you all would like to see someone go through the similarities and differences between books vs film?

Post by Lady-of-Literature »

I wonder, how many of you all would like to see someone go through the similarities and differences between books vs film? For example, comparing a popular action film to a mystery novel of the 80s, book-to-film adaptations, and anything else that explores the different mediums of storytelling.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I don’t think I’d be interested in that to be honest.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

That could be interesting. Personally, I'd like more in-depth comparisons between books and their film/show adaptations. Usually when people say the book was different, they don't give much specific details on what was changed.
Michael Villanueva
Currently Reading: Price Wars
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-villanueva.html
Latest Review: Bambara by Joseph Eidelberg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michael Villanueva »

I don't know if I would enjoy a general discussion of books vs films, but if it was a focused on a specific story then I would be on board. The idea would be to pick an event like Vietnam, and explore the different way movies and books explore the story. In this example you could discuss movies like Forest Gump or Apocalypse Now, and then discuss creative or thematic differences with books like The Things They Carried or They Were Soldiers Once...And Young.

Return to “Films and Books”