Favorite Moment

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Favorite Moment

Post by Wesusa »

What's your favorite moment in a film? A moment that just transcends everything, and the world from the silver screen and your own melt together? For me, I think the ending of Arrival, Inception, and the God Among Us scene from BvS fall into this category. A moment that is accompanied by a beautiful score and a moment that is simply amazing.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

THE single most powerful moment EVER - and I have a lot of people who agree with me on this - is the end of Cinema Paradiso. Don't bother to look it up because it will be meaningless unless you see the entire movie. That ending will make you literally get out of your chair laughing and crying at the same time.

(YouTube Video) Why You Should Watch CINEMA PARADISO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uThRRCf3A7c&t=268s

EDITED TO ADD If you decide to see this movie (and I STRONGLY endorse it) be sure to get the original version and NOT the directors cut. You can tell because the original is shorter than the director's cut.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

The best moment in every movie is the ending where conflicts are resolved, justice prevails and challenges or the sufferings of main character come to an end.
Brunette2
Currently Reading: The Wild Truth
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunette2.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Brunette2 »

My favourite moment is during the climax when everything gets out of hand and you feel you should just continue watching the movie ....I hate endings when the movie has been too sweet and you don't want it to end
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

My favourite moments are when characters act out of their own choices without regarding others' opinions. I enjoyed the scene in American gangster where Frank commits murder and proceeded to take coffee in public.
saschaterwel516
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by saschaterwel516 »

My most favorite moment in a film is when a character shows you the contrast of a specific character to another character. Just like in Forrest Gump, where we see Forrest's (played by Tom Hanks) life be in such a wonderful buildup of luck and chances and beautiful experiences, it greatly contrasted Jenny's where it is full of trauma and sufferings. But although how parallel their lives are, it intersected at some point in time. It also makes me realize that reality is very different for everyone.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

I love how characters especially at the tail end decide to make a decision that they otherwise wouldn't have made at the very start of the film.

Return to “Films and Books”