Can anyone reccomend a good Netflix movie or series?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
ronie smith
Currently Reading: Rising In America
Bookshelf Size: 18

Re: Can anyone reccomend a good Netflix movie or series?

Post by ronie smith »

In my opinion the best series i watched in all my life are FRIENDS, PRISON BREAK, HERO AND LOST. Till now i didn't watch a new job like those even that lot of people are talking about: Sex Education and The Witcher
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

Band Of Brothers - This was actually a miniseries, but I feel I can confidently recommend it. The Internet Movie Database (Imdb) lists movies and TV shows separately, but this miniseries currently ranks higher than anything produced in any medium - TV or movies - at 9.5 of 10. The Godfather, for example, is rated 9.2.

It is 10 hours long but worth every minute of it. It is the true story of a company of parachutists in WWII from their time in training to the end of the war.

You may have already seen it since it came out in 2001, but if you haven't I heartily encourage you to give it a try. It is far more than a war movie. In many reviews even women (as well as men) who are not interested in war movies said they were totally engrossed by it. The ending of this miniseries was one of the most powerfully emotions things I have ever experienced in cinema.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
ek2002_

Post by ek2002_ »

I suggest Elite, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Brooklyn 99, That 70s show, On My Block, Stranger Things, I am not ok with this, Chilling adventure of Sabrina, Baby, The Originals
Abarker103118

Post by Abarker103118 »

Altered Carbon
Sabrina
Stranger Things
Black Mirror
Fuller House
SarahTheReader
Currently Reading: Mansfield Park
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahthereader.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by SarahTheReader »

If your interested in cute romantic comedy, I would recommend To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before or The Kissing Booth. If you are just looking for a good laugh, Nailed It! is a wonderful baking show featuring terrible bakers.
However if you enjoy more edgy and action packed, Frontier or Vikings are always good picks too.
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

If you enjoy wacky sci-fi and fantasy, Umbrella Academy and Dirk Gently are great.
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

I enjoyed The Ranch as a humorous series and I love Sam Elliot so that was a plus for the series. I also am hearing great things about "The Circle"
btkeaton

Post by btkeaton »

"Us and Them" was really moving... check that out if you don't mind subtitles
redhornet0922
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redhornet0922.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B07CHWG1Y2

Post by redhornet0922 »

Narcos is a really great look at the 80s drug wars if you haven't watched it yet.
DaniAlex
Favorite Author: Anne Rice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danialex.html
Latest Review: It's Time to Align by Allen Lottinger
fav_author_id: 2444

Post by DaniAlex »

I don't think "Supernatural" is on Netflix anymore, but if it's still is, it has 15 seasons. So plenty to binge on without it coming to end at season 3 or 4. I personally like older shows because they have more seasons. Check out "The X-Files" with 8 or so seasons. The last season that just came out isn't worth seeing.
If you like watching a show set in the past, check out "Stranger Things". The seasons are short but the first season is amazing. Haven't see the recent season yet.
If you like gore and blood, go watch the show "Happy". It's a police/ detective kind of show. It's about an ex cop looking for his kidnapped daughter that his ex wife never told him about.
I could name off so much more shows to watch but it just depends on what you like.
incendiotorus
Currently Reading: Asian American Sexualities
Bookshelf Size: 365
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-incendiotorus.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by incendiotorus »

My partner and I are currently making our way through Kim's Convenience. It's a sitcom that centers on a Korean Canadian family who own a convenience store in Toronto. It's really funny and heartfelt! We also recently finished Atypical, which focuses on a young autistic teenager and his family. I like both of these shows because it's more of an ensemble cast with plenty of character development. Also, "I"m Not Okay With This" and "Sex Education" are also good ones that my partner introduced me to!
snowbear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snowbear.html
Latest Review: What am I by stephen Thiele

Post by snowbear »

I've recently watched Bodyguard and it's really good. It's a 6 episode thriller series, with the main character suffering from PTSD. It's really gripping.
Alphonsius
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alphonsius.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by Alphonsius »

My favorite Netflix movie this time is "Money Heist" and I will recommend you to watch it.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: Seemore the Seagull by Ralph Tufo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

andiley wrote: 15 Feb 2020, 11:05 Is there any new Netflix series of movie I might enjoy
I recently watched "Memories of Alahambra". It's in Korean. Though I don't understand the language I started watching it by reading the subtitles and then couldn't stop. It's an amazing serial something about a video game. I don't want to spoil the suspense. Enjoy watching it.
alexandriaNS
Currently Reading: A Reaper at the Gates
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandrians.html
Latest Review: Days Passed by Mcentry Dunbar II

Post by alexandriaNS »

Grey's Anatomy
Stranger Things
The Office
Park and Rec
Schitts Creek

Try a bunch of Pilot episodes just to see what you like!

Return to “Films and Books”