Can anyone reccomend a good Netflix movie or series?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
beatrice_mom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Can anyone reccomend a good Netflix movie or series?

Post by beatrice_mom »

I loved Stranger Things. I'm looking forward to the second season of The Witcher. I really liked the books and was impressed with the film adaptation in the first season.
Bookreviewer71
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewer71.html
Latest Review: The Bronze Bear Continues by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Bookreviewer71 »

The German mystery series "Dark" was good. Though the third season was a bit of a drag, it is worth watching.
Sammy00
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sammy00 »

I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much.
Elizabeth Otieno 1
Currently Reading: The Hummingbird and the Bear
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Elizabeth Otieno 1 »

Please go watch Outlander, it's a good series in netflix. Has a rating of 8.5/10 and definitely longer episodes. I loved it and am sure you will too.
Grace McHardy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-mchardy.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Grace McHardy »

If you are looking for a kind of fantasy show, I would suggest either Teen Wolf or Locke and Key. Both are relly good shows.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

SurroundedByBooks wrote: 24 Feb 2020, 02:09 My favourite Netflix shows recently have been Sex Education and Atypical.
Atypical is the best! Love is also a good show.
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

I am currently watching Manifest. It is a wonder more realistic version of Sci-fi. I may add that I don’t usually like that genre so it is truly not corny or anything like that.

Return to “Films and Books”